Printing images in album form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing images in album form

I just finished writing up my journal after a trip through Europe. I now want to create the illustrations. My intention is to have 2, 3 or 4 images per page, with portrait and landscape images pointing in the same direction, as well as captions underneath or beside each image.

Does Irfanview provide this facility?

Formatting for printing is very limited. Use a Desktop Publishing Program for this kind of work.

PagePlus SE is free and makes it very easy to lay out pictures and text any way that you want.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Of course it's possible with IrfanView!

Open the \Help\Frequently Asked Questions\ in program menu of IrfanView and read:

Go to \File\Thumbnails\ in program menu of IrfanView to open the "IrfanView Thumbnails"!
      Then you must go to \File\ in program menu of "IrfanView Thumbnails" and select the function "Create contact sheet from selectes files"!

But you can also use PhotoFiltre with its plugin "Contact sheet"!

see:

Comment

Frank - Your answer isn't good!
        Using the contact sheet function it's only possible to create an overview!
        But it's not possible to create an illustration with images of different size!
        I've attached a sample!
        Then you can try and see that something like that isn't possible!
        Attached Files

Comment

That's why I recommended using a DTP program for this. It is infinitely more flexible for layout, and ten times quicker to use. You can easily rotate individual images, add drop shadows, borders, text labels in any direction, etc. And, because the image files can be linked, the layout file can be very small.

A contact sheet is OK only if all images are the same size.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
          X