Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Redefining Hotkeys

Version
    IrfanView 4.44
    OS
    64-bit Linux Distribution
    CPU Cores

LOL I would just like to eliminate the awful wallpaper accidents! Customizable keyboard commands are a feature of other programs I love.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.20
    OS
    Win Vista Ultimate
    CPU Cores

Quote Originally Posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
    I think it will be more useful to be able to customise keyboard shortcuts and that request is already on the Feature Request List.
    Customize would work too as long as I can back them up, the clear them all out.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    3D Modeler & Animator
    www.philnolan3d.com

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.20
    OS
    Win XP Pro SP2

Default Modify / add keyboard shortcuts?

Hello,
    IrfanView is a great tool, but it would be good to have the ability to edit (and maybe even add) the hotkeys. For example, in other picture viewers i used the asterisk (*) to display the image in the full resolution, if it was bigger than the screen. I can't find this in irfanview...

IV Amateur

Default Save loss(less) shortcuts

I'd like a menu option or a keyboard shortcut to save PNG and another one for JPEG.

The file type dropdown in the Save dialog is not very usable, and the selection takes too long: pressing J selects JP2 and P - PCX.. who uses that?

Default Change keyboard shortcuts (aka hotkeys)

Hi all,

I have to crop and save a lot of images. After cropping with the mouse, I have to press on Ctrl+Y and Ctrl+S. This drives me mad and hurt my fingers quite a lot. I would have prefered, for instance just pressing on Y and S.

I haven't figured out a way to change the keyboard shortcuts. If there is, thanks to let me know. Otherwise, consider this as a feature request: Add a way to change keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks,
    Sami.

Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    32-bit Win 7 Professional SP1
    CPU Cores

I haven't tried it myself, but there are tools (not part of Irfanview) that let you record/define keystrokes and mouseclicks and assign them to Hotkeys.
    www.autohotkey.com/ is one of them. Web-search for Hotkey + Software and you will find more such applications.

Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    32-bit Win XP Home SP2
    CPU Cores

You can crop a different way.

Make your selection and press the scissors icon (Cut), then press SHIFT+E or go through the menu File>Open with external editor>(1). If you have the external editor set up in Properties/Settings>Misc. 3 to:

Code:
    C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe "/clippaste /convert="%1""
    then it will take the part you cut (now on clipboard) and save it as the original file. Careful!

IV Newbie

Default Redefining hotkeys

Just a simple dialog to change already existing hotkeys.
    Because there are some functions that I use very often, and I would like to bind them to my favorite keys instead of default Ctrl+.. or Alt+..

One problem with using Autohotkeys is that you need to write instructions that limit the hotkeys to the application that you want to write the modification for. Otherwise, you will have the problem of accidentally using the hotkeys in another application and having nothing - or something unexpected - happen when AHK tries to run the script in that application. It is doable, but you have to start with that idea in mind. It is one reason that I prefer customizable hot keys. I have a couple of global hotkeys that I want to use from any application. If an application uses those keys for some function, then that function cannot be accessed by the usual hot key since AHK conflicts. Also, most programs of any complexity have more functions available than are assigned by default. Some users might want to have a hot key that does some obscure function that is not usually assigned a hot key.

Multiple User boarder's paradise's Avatar
    Version
    IrfanView 4.20

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by oysta View Post
    It would be wonderful if the next version of Irfanview contained the option to disable or change hotkeys.
    ++ seconding the motion ++

Thread Information