Redefining Hotkeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implemented Redefining Hotkeys

It would be wonderful if the next version of Irfanview contained the option to disable or change hotkeys. I've encountered problems when playing shockwave flash games if i need to use keys already assigned as shortcuts. For example, pressing space (a common button used for games) will load the next file in the directory, even when the Flash Player window is active.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for future developments!
    Many thanks,
    Oysta

Pre-condition : are you talkin about .swf files ?
    You've got a point here. Because once a flash file is loaded, it has it's own command structure as well.
    So this should be a case for the flash-format plugin.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Move File Hotkeys

Hello All,
      I've been using IrfanVews 'Move to' option and am have come up with and idea that I think it's a valuable and simple plugin for IrfanView. I would like to have a plugin that you can choose 'Move to' directories and have each directory assigned a hotkey. For example. If i make a Directory for .../flowers/ and assigned it (F2) I'm currently viewing a flower pick then i simply hit (F2) and it's moves on to the next pic.
      If anyone is interested int tackling this I'd be very much obliged. It is a very useful plugin for those of us whom have thousands of pics to sort through.

Comment

F7 followed by 1,2,3, etc., will do what you want very easily.

Better, if you're moving lots of pictures is to use the thumbnail view, then select multiple images, and drag them to a new folder in the directory tree.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan Paint • Irfan View Help • IrfanPaint Help • Riot.dll • More Skins • FastStone Capture • Uploads

Comment

User defined hotkeys, or more hotkeys

I'd like to see user defined hotkeys for IrfanView functions.

What I want in particular is hot keys for:

* Display options (window mode) > Do not fit anything
          * Display options (window mode) > Fit images to window

Thanks. This program is SO useful.

Comment

Oh, yes, please. I have more than a handful of keys I'd like to customize.

Comment

Originally posted by gr3gw View Post
              I'd like to see user defined hotkeys for IrfanView functions.

What I want in particular is hot keys for:

* Display options (window mode) > Do not fit anything
              * Display options (window mode) > Fit images to window

Thanks. This program is SO useful.

Yes! Great idea - give freedom to the people - it will make IrfanView better
              ( How can you make the best - better? )

It would be best to permit multiple hotkeys for the same function -
              I would like to make Ctrl-Enter = Ctrl-H (Original size).
              Last edited by Bil; 12.07.2008, 08:21 PM.

Comment

alternative

Yes, another vote for either more hotkeys or user-assignable ones
                (looking specifically for a hotkey for 'Create contact sheet from selected files...' in Thumbnails view).

gr3gw, as a side note, if you're wanting to create and use your hotkeys now there is a free (and open-source) external hotkey-creation application called AutoHotKey (see http://www.autohotkey.com/)

It allows you to record a macro and assign it to a hotkey, just like in Word or Excel, but for any Windows program (or bunches of programs! lets see Word do that!) Once you have your macro set up and assigned to a hotkey, you can save it as an exe file, so you can use it at a friends house, eg, without having to install the AutoHotKey software. When you run the .exe it just sits in your system tray until you boot it out of there with a right-click -> stop script command.

In my opinion, this program in it's own way is as powerful and stellar as Irfanview, with a very large community support forumn. If you are comfortable editing scripts, you can do some pretty amazing things with it, including custom-designed user input boxes, file manipulation, looping, arrays, dll calls, etc. Alas, it is only for Windows, but on the other hand, if we were all comfortable running Linux we probably wouldn't need such programs anyways!

good luck!
                captain_carrot

Comment

AutoHotKey is the tool indeed.
                  Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Disable keyboard shortcuts

I know this is a long shot but it would be fantastic if there was a way to disable all of the keyboard shortcuts. As a 3D artist I leave IrfanView open with Always On Top while I would so I can see my reference images. Quite often I need to move IV out of the way and then, thinking I'm back in LightWave 3D, I start hitting keyboard shortcuts for LightWave and suddenly something happens in IV like a window pops up, or I move to another image, or something and I usually have no idea what I did. It's very frustrating as it happens a lot, like once an hour while I'm working.
                    Last edited by Philbert; 31.08.2008, 01:39 AM.
                    ~~Phil Nolan
                    3D Modeler & Animator
                    www.philnolan3d.com

Comment

LOL I would just like to eliminate the awful wallpaper accidents! Customizable keyboard commands are a feature of other programs I love.
                      Its: Belongs to "It"
                      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                      ---------------------
                      Lose: Fail to keep
                      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala
                        I think it will be more useful to be able to customise keyboard shortcuts and that request is already on the Feature Request List.
                        Customize would work too as long as I can back them up, the clear them all out.
                        ~~Phil Nolan
                        3D Modeler & Animator
                        www.philnolan3d.com

Comment

Modify / add keyboard shortcuts?

Hello,
                          IrfanView is a great tool, but it would be good to have the ability to edit (and maybe even add) the hotkeys. For example, in other picture viewers i used the asterisk (*) to display the image in the full resolution, if it was bigger than the screen. I can't find this in irfanview...

Comment

Save loss(less) shortcuts

I'd like a menu option or a keyboard shortcut to save PNG and another one for JPEG.

The file type dropdown in the Save dialog is not very usable, and the selection takes too long: pressing J selects JP2 and P - PCX.. who uses that?

Comment

Change keyboard shortcuts (aka hotkeys)

Hi all,

I have to crop and save a lot of images. After cropping with the mouse, I have to press on Ctrl+Y and Ctrl+S. This drives me mad and hurt my fingers quite a lot. I would have prefered, for instance just pressing on Y and S.

I haven't figured out a way to change the keyboard shortcuts. If there is, thanks to let me know. Otherwise, consider this as a feature request: Add a way to change keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks,
                              Sami.

Comment

Working...
                              X