How Can I Open NEF RAW Files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Can I Open NEF RAW Files?

I took some pictures today on my Nikon... when I got home, I couldn't view all of my pictures...I hit a button on my camera changing it from Jpg to NEF files...I am pretty much a point and shoot person. I did a search on NEF files and downloaded Irfanview (another message board said this would help me...) But when I try to import them in I don't see them...can anyone help me??

Thanks
    Amy

To open NEF files, you need a plugin (formats.dll).

Go to the IrfanView website and download and install all plugins. Or, if you have done so already, check if they are of the same version as the main program.
    J.A.G.

Comment

Obviously more people encounter this problem, outside this forum as well.

For me the same: IrfanView version 4.25, Plugins 4.25 (I also tried previous versions), however, no option to view Nikon *.NEF files, neither from a D80, nor from a D90. And neither over the local network, nor from a local file.
      The responese I get is: Decoder failure, Not a valid RAW file.

I checked the installed plugins. FORMATS.DLL is there (4.23), allthough I downloaded and installed Plugins version 4.25.

It's really a pity, because Irfanview is a great program.
      Is there any solution?

Thanks,
      SayCheese

Comment

Not sure what the problem is. I opened a sample NEF file from a D90 fine in 4.25 w/ plugins.

Comment

Working...
        X