Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't remove shell menu option in Windows Vista.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Vista Business SP1 32bit
    Irfanview Version 4.23
    Intel Core2 Duo

1. Go to "Options" then "Properties/Settings..." then go to the "Extensions" tab.

2. Uncheck "Add "Browse with IrfanView" for Drives and Folders to shell menu".

3. Click OK.

4. Right click any folder to confirm the shell menu option has gone. And it won't be gone.

5. Go again to... "Options" then "Properties/Settings..." then go to the "Extensions" tab.

6. The option "Add "Browse with IrfanView" for Drives and Folders to shell menu" won't be unchecked.

Also I'm using the spanish (Argentina) language for Ver 4.23, there the option (wich obviously is in spanish) "Add "Browse with IrfanView" for Drives and Folders to shell menu" presents the same problem with the exception that it's always unchecked.

I have seen this problem in Vista Business and Home Premium.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	84232

Click image for larger version

Name:	Portapapeles01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	84233

Do you have Adminstration rights?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes you are right. I had to Run as Administrator to be able to change it.
      Exactly the same thing with Faststone Image viewer I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        Do you have Adminstration rights?
        Oh i see, that seemed to be the problem, thanks for your help. I'm just new to this Vista

Edit: Just to add that if you are using more then one language you'll have to change this setting one language at a time. Hope this helps somebody.
        Last edited by gau; 04.04.2009, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gau View Post
          Oh i see, that seemed to be the problem, thanks for your help. I'm just new to this Vista
          I have been using Vista for 18 months and did not know it either until now. It appears that "Browse with" is a Registry setting (in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell if you are interested)

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
            I have been using Vista for 18 months and did not know it either until now. It appears that "Browse with" is a Registry setting (in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell if you are interested)
            Also in:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shel l\
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Drive\shell\

Comment

Working...
            X