Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: RIOT Plugin for IrfanView

Plugin Author

Default v. 0.3.3

RIOT version 0.3.3 is available.

This version is a stablity release that addresses some problems with memory management and provides several fixes and optimizations. One important fix is for TIFF support. RIOT is again able to open files with different compression methods.

More info here:
    http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/2009/05/riot-0-3-3/

Download from here:
    http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/download/

Plugin Author

Default RIOT 0.3.3 officially part of IrfanView

The official IrfanView plugins package contains now version 0.3.3 Lite of RIOT.
    It is a good thing becase many problems have been fixed since 0.1.7 and new features have been introduced.

Later edit: the ItfanView website contains outdated information about the current RIOT version.
    Last edited by luciansabo; 01.07.2009 at 07:08 AM.

Default RIOT Plugin Violation - COMDLG32.DLL

Vista32 Prem.

Installed IrfanView 4.25, but included RIOT plugin cannot save - throws ComDLG32.dll violation (see screenshot).

Also tried upgrading to RIOT extended version 3.3 and downgrading to ext version v3.2 with same error.

RIOT author's forum site registration does not send confirm email - tried a few weeks ago and again today. There is another report from a Vista64 user with this problem in a previous version, no solution posted.

Tried disabling IV Unicode support, doesn't help. Anyone have ideas? Thanks in advance.

COMDLG32.DLL ERROR SCREENSHOT

-Beltway

Plugin Author

I noticed the same problem in Vista SP2. This does not happen in Vista SP1.
    The problem was reported in Vista 64 also.
    The program can save, but the error is thrown when you use the save button from the main toolbar. If you use File->Save as, or it's shortcut, you will save fine.
    A bugfix will be available in the next 0.3.x series version.

There is a problem with user registration in the RIOT forum. I will check this.
    Last edited by luciansabo; 25.07.2009 at 05:34 PM.

IV Amateur
    OS
    Win Vista Home Basic

I just want to confirm that I also get the "ComDLG32.dll" error almost every time I use RIOT on my Vista SP-2 machine. Too bad, since I really like this plugin:-( Hoping for a quick fix :-)

Plugin Author

I already found the problem. I need a few days for testing the new version which fixes other small issues.

Plugin Author

Version
    IrfanView 4.50
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

I love IrfanView and I really like the RIOT plugin until last weekend when I moved from XP Pro to Vista Home Premium, 64-bit SP1. I always get the dreaded "ComDLG32.dll" error. This is SP1, not SP2. I downloaded the 0.3.4 beta from the link above, replaced the RIOT dll and added the FreeImage dll, both in their correct directories. I get the same message as before. I've uninstalled and reinstalled IrfanView 4.25 several times in the course of changing plugin versions, and I'm still nowhere with this. I'm not clear about the Save as procedure mentioned in post #14. I've tried what I think that means, but still get the same error.

Plugin Author

I was unable to test it in Vista 64. I had only one report about Vista 64 and I considered this problem affects Vista 64 globally.

One question though: Do you see the old save dialog (from xp) or the new one (from vista) ? I am talking about the beta now !
    It is very important.

So when you use menu->File->Save as, not Save it still does not work?

Version
    IrfanView 4.50
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

I don't have access to the XP machine any more. (There is a long version of that story.) But this is what happens in Vista Home Premium, 64-bit.

This is what the window looks like:
    http://drop.io/li6jx1l/asset/capture001-jpg

If I click on the Save icon, or on File -> Save, or on File -> Save as I get this:
    http://drop.io/li6jx1l/asset/capture002-jpg

I've tried this with .jpg, .gif, .bmp, and I get the same thing every time. I get this regardless of which version of the plugin I use. It happened with the Lite version, so I went off and found the 0.3.2 and 0.3.3 versions, and honestly it's the same. I honestly believe I understand and have followed the instructions about replacing the RIOT dll and placing the Freeimage dll in the correct directory.

I have only had this computer for a few days, and I have yet to figure out how the Event Log thing works in Vista. I had a go at it, and can't find anything logged about this violation, but that might just be because I don't know what I'm doing.

Any help appreciated; any guidance willingly accepted. Thanks for making such a great plugin!

Thread Information