No announcement yet.

RIOT Plugin for IrfanView

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already found the problem. I need a few days for testing the new version which fixes other small issues.
    RIOT developer
    visit the Radical Image Optimization Tool website

Comment

fixed in 0.3.4 beta. See http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/bbpress/topic.php?id=16
      RIOT developer

Comment

I love IrfanView and I really like the RIOT plugin until last weekend when I moved from XP Pro to Vista Home Premium, 64-bit SP1. I always get the dreaded "ComDLG32.dll" error. This is SP1, not SP2. I downloaded the 0.3.4 beta from the link above, replaced the RIOT dll and added the FreeImage dll, both in their correct directories. I get the same message as before. I've uninstalled and reinstalled IrfanView 4.25 several times in the course of changing plugin versions, and I'm still nowhere with this. I'm not clear about the Save as procedure mentioned in post #14. I've tried what I think that means, but still get the same error.
        "It takes all kinds of people to make the world, and I'm glad I'm not one of them." ~ Lora Lee Stine ~

Comment

I was unable to test it in Vista 64. I had only one report about Vista 64 and I considered this problem affects Vista 64 globally.

One question though: Do you see the old save dialog (from xp) or the new one (from vista) ? I am talking about the beta now !
          It is very important.

So when you use menu->File->Save as, not Save it still does not work?
          RIOT developer

Comment

I don't have access to the XP machine any more. (There is a long version of that story.) But this is what happens in Vista Home Premium, 64-bit.

This is what the window looks like:
            http://drop.io/li6jx1l/asset/capture001-jpg

If I click on the Save icon, or on File -> Save, or on File -> Save as I get this:
            http://drop.io/li6jx1l/asset/capture002-jpg

I've tried this with .jpg, .gif, .bmp, and I get the same thing every time. I get this regardless of which version of the plugin I use. It happened with the Lite version, so I went off and found the 0.3.2 and 0.3.3 versions, and honestly it's the same. I honestly believe I understand and have followed the instructions about replacing the RIOT dll and placing the Freeimage dll in the correct directory.

I have only had this computer for a few days, and I have yet to figure out how the Event Log thing works in Vista. I had a go at it, and can't find anything logged about this violation, but that might just be because I don't know what I'm doing.

Any help appreciated; any guidance willingly accepted. Thanks for making such a great plugin!
            "It takes all kinds of people to make the world, and I'm glad I'm not one of them." ~ Lora Lee Stine ~

Comment

I asked you in a previous message about the save dialog. How it looks like? It is the old one from XP or it is the new dialog from Vista?
              Do you get a save dialog or this dialog is never displayed and the error occurs right after pressing the save button ?

Did you downloaded the beta from the link on my forum ? For Vista 32 bit SP2 the problem is fixed in 0.3.4 beta.

Another thing: what about the standalone application (0.3.4 beta). This works for you?
              Last edited by luciansabo; 25.09.2009, 07:44 AM.
              RIOT developer

Comment

This is what I see:

With an image open in IrfanView, I click on File | Save for |Web (Plugin).
                http://drop.io/li6jx1l/asset/capture002-jpg-2

Now in the plugin, I click on File | Save as (Or, on the Save icon, or on Save)

I change the name of my image so I can keep track, and then click on Save. And I get this:

I get that no matter which way I try to Save.

I start with the image on my desktop, and I want to save for web to the desktop, too. I always get this failure. As I was recreating the failure now so I could take the screen shots, I noticed that if I Save for web to my Documents folder, it works fine. I didn't know that until now. So maybe you just need to put in the documentation that it won't work desktop-to-desktop.

If I open an image in IrfanView, makes some edits but don't use the plugin, I'm able to save it to the desktop without incident.

Yes, I downloaded the beta from your page which was linked from the forum. Everything I tried fails the same. I don't know if they would work saving to a different folder; I didn't try that till just now.

Thanks.

Comment

You skipped the most important thing in your screenshots. Maybe you did not understood what I was asking but I will try again to request a screenshot of your Save dialog.
                  There are two dialog types. The one from XP and the new one from Vista. I am interested to see what dialog type is displayed in your case. There are problems with the new Vista dialog.

The standalone (exe) version of RIOT works good or it is the same?
                  RIOT developer

Comment

Another thing: if you want to use 0.3.3 with Vista 32 bit SP2 you can enable compatibility mode with XP Service Pack 2

This may fix the problem in Vista 64 also.
                    RIOT developer

Comment

v0.3.4 released

I have officially released version 0.3.4
                      RIOT developer

Comment

Riot plugin for GIMP and new version 0.3.5

Riot for GIMP was released. It can be downloaded from the GIMP Plugin Registry

This plug-in calls RIOT for the selected area/layer.
                        ******* The RIOT DLL package is required. *********

It still has incomplete support for all color types, but it works good for most of them.

Also, RIOT 0.3.5 was released in october
                        v.0.3.5 – 27.10.2009
                        - bugfix: Save image fails in some cases. It occurs only when the image is opened by command line or drag & drop and “Show dialog on Save”
                        is disabled (default) – the original image is not updated (overwritten).
                        The image is saved in fact in the wrong folder (current folder). Fixed !
                        - fixed handling of PSD files with a non zero file header reserved member
                        - fixed TIF module crashing on a malformed TIFF-JPEG compressed image
                        - fixed MNG module crashing on some old mng images
                        - metadata: added new ‘non standard’ Exif tags (HostComputer, Rating, RatingPercent) – These tags are not part of the Exiv v2.2
                        specifications but are often loaded by applications as Exif data
                        - added loading of Exif orientation tag in TIFF module
                        - other minor fixes

Have fun using it.
                        RIOT developer

Comment

RIOT is a really good plugin for irfanview. I love to use it for RESIZING(very good quality and small in size)

I love it to every bits, now I just hope it could do Batch Processing with good interface better still a simple useful one.

Scenario Example:
                          Normally we will upload a photo album to web/blog, so we will drag all from digicam in to a folder.
                          Now what I hope was pop up RIOT, do my setting, then I could choose/scroll thru any of the preview i dump in the batch mode(one at a time like how the interface was now) or if i don't wana do it, I'll just see the first image(do comparision setting) and walla press ok, and the batch of picture just process one by one and all I have to do is just wait for the whole batch done and posting them up.

Also, additional.
                          Color Editing function http://en.irfanview-forum.de/vb/show...ting#post27799
                          Last edited by junseng; 04.01.2010, 09:01 PM. Reason: additionals

Comment

I am working on the next version of RIOT - 0.4
                            This version already includes the batch optimizer.
                            Other interesting features will be available in this version like
                            - basic image adjustments (brightness, contrast, gamma, invert)
                            - open plugin architecture for adding new image formats
                            - hdr & raw plugin package (HDR + OpenEXR + RAW camera images from all major manufacturers)
                            - advanced PNG optimizer (internal & external - optipng/pngout)

A beta is planned to be ready in two months. The beta will be available for the RIOT development group members (currently 38 members).
                            The official release is planned not sooner than april 2010.
                            RIOT developer

Comment

Originally posted by luciansabo View Post
                              - hdr & raw plugin package (HDR + OpenEXR + RAW camera images from all major manufacturers)

A beta is planned to be ready in two months. The beta will be available for the RIOT development group members (currently 38 members).
                              Glad to know that, keep up the good work k!
                              I'm gona sure to support this project.

Comment

Is the batch feature already working in RIOT 0.4 ??

Then please release 0.4 with batch feature.
                                The other features - not yet working - could come in 0.4.1.
                                //Ola

Originally posted by luciansabo View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X