RIOT Plugin for IrfanView

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regards
    I did it Ok please see the image attached.

By the way I was attaching it with the previously attached but it took me not to "Browse" but to "URL"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error-Riot.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	80594

Comment

Red color means invalid path. Make sure you have i_view32.exe in the parent folder of Plugins.
      RIOT developer
      visit the Radical Image Optimization Tool website

Comment

Originally posted by Bernd_Stein View Post
        Hello together,

my einglish is not so good that i can explan the problem in this language. Perhaps the Windowscreen can help.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2942[/ATTACH]

Or perhaps you can look here :

Bernd_Stein
        I had tried some tips tested that was given here but i had no success.
        Then i`ve this version uninstalled and 4.25 installed. After this i have PlugIn installed and now no problems.

Thanks for your help.

Bernd_Stein

Comment

Originally posted by luciansabo View Post
          Red color means invalid path. Make sure you have i_view32.exe in the parent folder of Plugins.
          Yes navigating it was not to the exact folder containing "i_view32.exe" I was erroneously linking it to "IrfanViewPortable.exe "

When navigated to the folder containing "i_view32.exe" it installed correctly.

After installion of roit the directory [Edited] is:
          C:\Extras\PIX_APPs\IrfanViewPortable\
          ============================
          help.html
          IrfanViewPortable.exe

C:\Extras\PIX_APPs\IrfanViewPortable\App\IrfanView
          =================================

i_view32.chm
          i_view32.exe
          i_view32.ini

C:\Extras\PIX_APPs\IrfanViewPortable\Plugins\Riot
          ================================
          advertising.rtf
          changelog.txt
          FIPL.txt
          FreeImage.dll
          license.txt
          Readme.html
          riot.chm
          Riot.exe
          uninstall.exe

Thanks for resolving my problem

Comment

I found this at the RIOT website:

Special notice to IrfanView users
            IrfanView has bundled into the plugin collection the Lite version of the RIOT plugin.

Here you can find the extended version (also FREE) that goes beyond Lite version offering extended functionality.

I always recommend the extended version over the Lite one.
            Problem is, when I download the recommended extended version, it comes as a compressed file named Riot_dll. But after it's decompressed I get this Riot-plugin as an executable file.

What do I have to do? Delete the DLL Riot.dll in the IrfanView\Plugins folder and put that Riot-plugin.exe there? Or install it and it will make its way to the folder?

TIA for your attention and help.
            Last edited by Paultx; 20.10.2011, 02:20 PM.
            Desktop PC: Windows 10 Pro - 64-bit • Intel Core i7 • 12 GB RAM
            Laptop PC: Windows 10 Pro - 64-bit • Intel Core i5 • 6 GB RAM
            IrfanView 4.60 • 32-bit

Comment

It comes as a compressed file named "Riot_dll.zip" — this is to avoid problems with some users blocking the downloading of executable files.

Extracting the contents of this ZIP archive to get "Riot-plugin.exe" which is an installation wizard.

Run the installation wizard to install the RIOT plugin. Read all of the dialogues carefully, and choose the plugin folder for the application(s) that you wish to install the plugin for.
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes. I have also installed it.
                It will make its own foder; not in Irfanview folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Haajee View Post
                  Yes. I have also installed it.
                  It will make its own foder; not in Irfanview folder.
                  Right, and on the next dialogue you select the path to install the plugins.
                  Attached Files
                  Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

RIOT site has :
                    << Special notice to IrfanView users
                    IrfanView has bundled into the plugin collection the Lite version of the RIOT plugin.

Here you can find the extended version (also FREE) that goes beyond Lite version offering extended functionality.

I always recommend the extended version over the Lite one. >>

Further development of light ver is stopped as it says.

How to integrate it with Irfanview.

Comment

latest update for RIOT plugin is a trojan and the site is unsafe (McAfee)

I am very worried. I had just set the RIOT plugin to "automatically check for updates" and the next time I launche dit it told me there was an update which was way ahead of the one installed. So I clicked the links, and McAfee flaged it as a trojan, and quarantined the file. Then it threw me off the web page with a huge warning.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Irfanview RIOT plugin update issue.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	81115
                      Whoa!
                      Are you sure you want to go there?

http://download.criosweb.ro/Riot-plugin.exe may be risky to visit.

Why were you redirected to this page?

When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors.
                      I thought I ought to flag this issue on this forum, seeing as the version distributed with Irfanview has passed several antivirus and anti malware programs.
                      Last edited by Fellwalker; 18.06.2014, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Just another paranoid shriek of an overzealous AV (that will likely fail to stop actual malware). OpenCandy (monetization platform used in many installers) is what's triggering it.
                        Anyway, you don't even have to run that installer, just open it with e.g. 7-zip or PeaZip, then extract $[72]\FreeImage.dll to IV folder and $[71]\Riot.dll to \Plugins.

Virustotal scans: installer, FreeImage.dll, Riot.dll.

[Edit]
                        Don't get me wrong, I despise software bundling, I just don't think it's warranted to treat OpenCandy as malware (most AVs don't); it's used by lots of perfectly legit and very popular software.
                        Last edited by Gownaar; 19.06.2014, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fellwalker View Post
                          McAfee flaged it as a trojan, and quarantined the file.
                          I thought I ought to flag this issue on this forum, seeing as the version distributed with Irfanview has passed several antivirus and anti malware programs.
                          News|RIOT – Radical Image Optimization Tool - Posted on March 2, 2011

The installer now includes OpenCandy recommendations

How can you avoid seeing software recommendations?

Use /NOCANDY parameter when starting the installation program.
                          You can also use the portable package, thus avoiding installation program with OpenCandy.

Comment

Hey boys... i have installed the newest Irfanview X64 4.40.................... I have tryed to install the latest RIOT 0.5.2 downloaded from here:

The installation it's not correct working........the programs it's installed on X86 folder and the pluging 0.5.2 it's not installed on Plugins folder.

I have tryed to select the "Plugins" folder manually........ but the "Next" button it's no more clickable. ?!? How it's working ?
                            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 04.09.2015, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Regards.

Version 4.4 (64 bit) nothing is working correctly; after Plug-ins; OCR; Riot; Overlay text; Colours

In a previous post it was accepted that it needs work-over

Comment

I have all trials but version 4.4 does not work at all (Please see my Post)
                                In my case it was installed version 64 bit 64 bit Plugins installed but when I checked the installed folder no plugin was there except "irfanview_shell_extension_plugin" folder and "unistall was not installed. So I deleted the folder as nothing goes to Windows.
                                I have saved somewhere in USB version 4.38 and pasted it to Drive "C" and enjoying full working

Comment

Working...
                                X