No announcement yet.

RIOT Plugin for IrfanView

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIOT no longer working? I installed, uninstalled, reinstalled both irfan and the riot thing. the riot installer refuses to "see" the irfanview plugin folder and "next" is unavailable. Is there another trick to tell irfanview to save a picture with a set sizelimit?

Comment

Please install the plugins from the IrfanView Plugins page.

Update your forum profile. The current version is 4.42.
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 29.07.2016, 02:14 PM.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

After installing the plugins from the IrfanView plugins page I had the older version of the RIOT plugin.

After running the installer from the RIOT page, the plugin was updated. There was an error overwriting freeimage.dll in the protected IrfanView program folder.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

The IV version drop down select in My Profile does not include V 4.44, only up to 4.42. The RIOT plugin developer has recently released V0.6 however IV is still using V0.3.3 in the IV 4.44 release. I downloaded both the 4.44 program update and the 4.44 plugins update. Can I simply download the V0.6 dll from the RIOT developer's website (http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/?ref=RIOT) and substitute it for the V0.3.3 in my IV plugin directory?

Comment

On the RIOT's download page, the latest version of the plug-in for other applications seems to be 0.5.2. Why don't you simply try, which version works, and report here?

Have a nice day!
            IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

The download has changed to version 0,6!

It is still a mess:

It installed the freeimage.dll onto the root of C:/

This version launches a CLI window with optiPng on every user's change in the UI (for PNG).

(monitored with ProcMon) It launches pngout.exe which launches Optipng.exe which launches a CLI window which then cannot find pngout.exe in the Irfanview/plugins directory, it searches only %path%. Because (in my case) it's 32-bit IrfanView and all plugins on 64-bit Windows, it incorrectly searches in /system32 (yes, I use 64-bit ProcMon and it doesn't look like it searches in /Syswow64, unless ProcMon lies, by why would it...). The only usable and safe place to put pngout.exe is in %Windir% (or maybe somewhere else in the path, if one defined such a custom place for commands).

The problem with Riot-external-tools.ini still stands (cannot delete it, cannot fill it with even one CR/LF, it will be overwritten) - useless zero-byte file when not in use, and sometimes, if it cannot find it, Riot crashes. If it manages to survive, it will recreate it with zero length.

By the way, you can still move Riot.ini and Riot-external-tools.ini to IrfanView root directory (where the IrfanView.exe is) and get rid of the littering in %userappdata%/local.

Also, the Help menu works if you move riot.chm to the same place (where the IrfanView.exe is).
              Last edited by GrofLuigi; 01.02.2017, 08:35 AM.

Comment

The installation went "mostly well" for me, the plugin worked. I had to manually add riot.chm to make also the "Help topics" work.

Uninstallation went well. (It doesn't restore the old version of Riot.dll and it doesn't remove the manually added help file though.)

So here is the manual way that should work:

Extract the files from Riot-plugin.exe using 7-Zip.

Put Riot.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\Plugins (optionally making a copy of the old version).

Put FreeImage.dll (and optionally riot.chm) in C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView.

Voilà!
                IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

If you want to use RIOT in IrfanView x64:

- Extract riot-plugin.exe with 7-Zip
                  - Put riot.dll into the Plugins\Plugins32 folder
                  - Put freeimage.dll into the Plugins folder
                  - Put advpng.exe or other external optimizers into Plugins\Plugins (this is probably because RIOT assumes it's in the Plugins folder instead of Plugins\Plugins32, and as such uses a relative path "..\Plugins" instead of ".". Still doesn't make sense, really, but it's an explanation).
                  Last edited by TFGYG786; 20.12.2019, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Is there a way to use RIOT for multiple files all at once, like the main IrfanView program does with Batch Conversion?

Comment

Working...
                    X