RIOT Plugin for IrfanView

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIOT Plugin for IrfanView

The old thead has been closed and unstuck. It was getting too long to follow.

Please post any questions about the RIOT plugin in this thread. Off-topic comments may be removed.

There is now an official RIOT Forum run by the RIOT plugin developer — luciansabo.

Our members may also be able to help you with using the plugin.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 04.04.2009, 08:35 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Well, this is a good moment to make a fresh start.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

version 0.3.1

Version 0.3.1 officially released.

This version contains some fixes and optimizations as well as new features like automatic 4bit output for GIF and PNG with 16 or less unique colors, new Save button, keep metadata with IrfanView Set file size.
      The latter needs a new version of IrfanView (4.24 I think will be next). This will be released in a few months according to Irfan...

Get it while is hot from here:
      RIOT developer
      visit the Radical Image Optimization Tool website

Comment

I installed the latest plugin, but it seems to be badly broken. I double checked that I had copied both freeimage.dll to the IrfanView folder, and riot.dll to the plugins folder.

If I open RIOT plugin using the Save for the web menu option, I get Access Violation 1.

If I click OK then RIOT opens. If I then click on "Options" I get Access Violation 2. Then the options dialogue opens OK.

If I click on OK to close the options dialogue I get Access Violation 3.

If I click on the zoom out icon I get a floating point error dialogue.

When I close the RIOT plugin, I get another Access Violation error like the first.
        Attached Files
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

This is the error I get on closing RIOT.

And, although the image is small (I tested with this error dialogue box), RIOT says it is high resolution and offers to resize it for me.
          Attached Files

Comment

Make sure you are using version 0.3.2
            Version 0.3.1 for IrfanView had some access violation problems, like you experience.

RIOT 0.3.1 for IrfanView was released but removed shortly afterwards.
            RIOT developer

Comment

Updated to version 0.3.2

The access violation problem is solved, but I still get the floating point division by zero error on zooming out. If I zoom in, the image disappears completely. Fit to window or 1:1 is fine.

Comment

cannot confirm that. Go to program options to see the value of Zoom factor. Default is 20 (means 20%)
                If this is 0, you get a division by 0.

Try to delete Riot.ini to let RIOT rebuild it.
                RIOT developer

Comment

I couldn't find any riot.ini — not in the plugins folder nor the program folder.

The zoom factor percent was set to 1.

Changing that solved the error.

Setting it back to 1 again did not recreate the error. Zooming by 1% works just fine.

Comment

Forgot to mention that Riot for IV stores it's settings in the IV ini.
                    ZoomFactor was set to 0% during crash, and showed as 1%. Of course 1% zoom factor work good.

The UPX compressor was responsibile for the crashes... there was no error in my code...
                    RIOT developer

Comment

v. 0.3.3

RIOT version 0.3.3 is available.

This version is a stablity release that addresses some problems with memory management and provides several fixes and optimizations. One important fix is for TIFF support. RIOT is again able to open files with different compression methods.

More info here:

Download from here:
                      RIOT developer

Comment

RIOT 0.3.3 officially part of IrfanView

The official IrfanView plugins package contains now version 0.3.3 Lite of RIOT.
                        It is a good thing becase many problems have been fixed since 0.1.7 and new features have been introduced.

Later edit: the ItfanView website contains outdated information about the current RIOT version.
                        Last edited by luciansabo; 01.07.2009, 08:08 AM.
                        RIOT developer

Comment

RIOT Plugin Violation - COMDLG32.DLL

Vista32 Prem.

Installed IrfanView 4.25, but included RIOT plugin cannot save - throws ComDLG32.dll violation (see screenshot).

Also tried upgrading to RIOT extended version 3.3 and downgrading to ext version v3.2 with same error.

RIOT author's forum site registration does not send confirm email - tried a few weeks ago and again today. There is another report from a Vista64 user with this problem in a previous version, no solution posted.

Tried disabling IV Unicode support, doesn't help. Anyone have ideas? Thanks in advance.

COMDLG32.DLL ERROR SCREENSHOT

-Beltway

Comment

I noticed the same problem in Vista SP2. This does not happen in Vista SP1.
                            The problem was reported in Vista 64 also.
                            The program can save, but the error is thrown when you use the save button from the main toolbar. If you use File->Save as, or it's shortcut, you will save fine.
                            A bugfix will be available in the next 0.3.x series version.

There is a problem with user registration in the RIOT forum. I will check this.
                            Last edited by luciansabo; 25.07.2009, 06:34 PM.
                            RIOT developer

Comment

I just want to confirm that I also get the "ComDLG32.dll" error almost every time I use RIOT on my Vista SP-2 machine. Too bad, since I really like this plugin:-( Hoping for a quick fix :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X