Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with colors

Greetings!

Firstly, congratulations to the developer team on what I think is the best image software around! Free, fast, powerful, what else could one wish for?

Now, on to the problem. I have a large number of scanned documents (all black & white) to go through and get the most important from them-that's where IrfanPaint comes in. I want to underline the chapters I need in some bright color. The problem is however that I have only black and white to choose from which in my case is not very helpful. I have the lastest IrfanView.

Any solutions? Thanks in advance!

Hochstapler

Comment

Hi hochstapler,

Comment

Hi Skippybox,

thanks a lot-it works for now!

Cheers,

H.

Comment

IrfanPaint 0.4.13.67 released

After a long time it's here again... The IrfanPaint project was starting to be covered by the dust, so I decided to release this new version with few visible improvements for the user but with all annoying the bugs of the .66 fixed.
          You can read the complete release notes and download it from here.
          IrfanPaint developer
          The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
          IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Great! Thanks for making this fantastic tool!!
            On your homepage: Fatal error: Call to undefined function tagger() in /web/htdocs/www.mitalia.net/home/irfanpaint/frog/app/frontend/classes/Page.php(330) : eval()'d code on line 2
            Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever?

Comment

Thank you, just fixed; I was trying to upgrade my Frog CMS to 0.9.5, but I failed miserably and forgot to do some cleanup.
              IrfanPaint developer
              The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
              IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Great tool indeed ! No dust here..
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Oh goodieeeeeee!
                  Its: Belongs to "It"
                  It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                  ---------------------
                  Lose: Fail to keep
                  Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                  Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Just want to say how nice it is to have IrfanPaint. I have been scanning some old slides, and the clone tool is so awesome for getting dust out of skies
                    Its: Belongs to "It"
                    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                    ---------------------
                    Lose: Fail to keep
                    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Undo and eraser tool

Note: I have continued this discussion here because it is more appropriate than the Technical documents forum.
                      Originally Posted by Mij (some time ago)
                      ...The right-click eraser feature to restore to the original is brilliant and works fine until they use Undo. Undo causes a new original to be saved, so they can no longer use the eraser to correct any mistakes made earlier....
                      Originally Posted by MItaly (then)
                      Your point is right, I too had some troubles with this behavior; I'll fix it in the next version.....
                      .... (and recently) I completely forgot...... Re-added on the TODO list.

Anyhow, the problem is not so simple to solve, because all IP can see is that the internal DIB is replaced with another one, and this can happen for many different reasons
                      MItaly
                      I was quite surprised that you offered to fix this behavior because it looked as though it would probably be hard to do. I raised the matter originally when I was looking for a workaround to restore the original file image after an Undo operation, so that it could still be used in the Eraser tool with the right click feature.
                      We did work out a method that I have subsequently been using (Ctrl+C, Shift+R, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+V), so I had not been too bothered that no fix had appeared.

It looks to me from the outside that right-click Erase and Undo always use the same stored image (presumably what you call the DIB), so unless you create yet another image copy the present behavior is inevitable. Is that not so?

I would not want you to change the way that Undo works in order to fix this issue. I think that would be unacceptable to other users and I would not want to be the cause of that.

It seems to me that just describing the Eraser right click function as ..restoring from the Undo image rather than ..restoring the original image might be a better course of action than trying to fix the unfixable.

It may be useful though to review IrfanPaint initialization to see if some small improvements are possible. For example, I apply an effect in IV and open IP with a view to partially restoring the original image using the Eraser tool. That does not work. If IP is already open though, it does work. I can apply the effect in IV and then partially erase in IP using the tool. Why the difference?
                      Last edited by Mij; 23.10.2009, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Freehand Select Tool in IrfanPaint

I use IrfanView for almost all my work. However I need to turn to slow, bumbling GIMP, for freehand selection of portions of my images. For example, selecting just the person and later, flood-filling the background...

It would be great to have a Freehand Selection Tool under IrfanPaint, like GIMP or PhotoShop has! I'm ready to wait, if need be! Cheers!
                        Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
                        IrfanView Website - Here
                        Sam_Zen's Website - Here
                        Author's Website - Here

Comment

Of course such a tool would be very, very nice.
                          But this would require at least a floating selection, if not adding layers, so I didn't request this so far.
                          And flood-filling the background would ask for the ability to 'inverse' a selection in the first place,
                          whether it's freehand or rectangular.

As Mij states, to me also it's sometimes confusing, if IP is opened as well, which functions of IV itself are still valid or not.
                          Changing the window focus by clicking on the titlebar of IV doesn't seem to make any difference.
                          And maybe it should.

Another request, about adding text :
                          I was editing a group of buttons lately, to put some chars on them.
                          It was quite difficult to get it all on the same height inside the button, because I had to click the crosshair on good luck.
                          It would have been nice to have a common reference point.
                          This could be done by showing, somewhere, the X-Y pixel coords of the crosshair.
                          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
                            Of course such a tool would be very, very nice.
                            But this would require at least a floating selection, if not adding layers, so I didn't request this so far.
                            And flood-filling the background would ask for the ability to 'inverse' a selection in the first place,
                            whether it's freehand or rectangular.

As Mij states, to me also it's sometimes confusing, if IP is opened as well, which functions of IV itself are still valid or not.
                            Changing the window focus by clicking on the titlebar of IV doesn't seem to make any difference.
                            And maybe it should.

It was quite difficult to get it all on the same height inside the button, because I had to click the crosshair on good luck.
                            This could be done by showing, somewhere, the X-Y pixel coords of the crosshair.
                            Ok, I was hoping a Freehand Selection Tool wouldn't be a heavy programming overhead. If it is, I agree that the tool should be shelved.

I know EXACTLY what you are referring to, Sam! My method is to create a large rectangle (in another instance of IrfanView) and add all text (for all the images to be labeled) in the Rectangle. Next Step - copy the text and paste into the corresponding image! It is a lot easier to select a rectangle around existing text (in comparison with adding text into a 'blind rectangle'), so this will eliminate the 'goodluck' factor completely!
                            Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
                            IrfanView Website - Here
                            Sam_Zen's Website - Here
                            Author's Website - Here

Comment

The cross-hair cursor indicates the baseline of the inserted text, and can aligned left, right, or centre from the cursor. Use the "Hold to Preview" button to check that you got it right.

I had no trouble aligning the text with the bottom of the fan in the attached picture.
                              Attached Files
                              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi, Sam_Zen.
                                I think what you need is Farbhexe which Frank recommended back in post 5 of this thread.
                                I find it just the job for fine positioning that tiny crosshair.

Comment

Working...
                                X