IrfanPaint Plugin for IrfanView

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frank.j.a View Post
    The ability to quickly do transparent marking on the image in maybe 3-5 different colors would really make this combination complete..
    Hi Frank, welcome to the forums.

Try the colour replacer tool. Replace the white background colour (or picked background colour) with the foreground colour of your choice.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      ..Try the colour replacer tool....
      Thx. for the answer - had not thought about that one :-)

I tried it, and it does the trick.. Only - if you use other features like circling, arrow and text you have to change colors a lot.

It would be a lot easier to have a marker with separate color selection applying it with transperancy setting accros both background and foreground.

Comment

I used Microsoft Paint, beginning with w95. Thank you for IrfanPaint because Microsoft "improved" Paint in W-7 to the extent that I do not have any idea of how to use it. In contrast, I could use IrfanPaint just as soon as I opened it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Comment

Hi everyone!

First, I have to say that this application is truly amazing. Thanks for it.

I'm not sure if this thread is still active, but anyway I'll ask my question: I guess it has been asked to put the paint buttons in the toolbar, but maybe it could be easier just to make it horizontal instead of vertical? Is it possible? Maybe an option to hide/show each tool would help to manage the space.

Well that's it, I hope it is possible. Thanks again.

Comment

About the only things that I'd like to see added to IPaint would be airbrush. gradient, layers and a small color-picker palette and the only thing I'm reall hell bent on would be the airbrush and second choice, gradients. If there is a standalone unit, since it probably well have more funcgtins, I hope it's available in a plugin version

Comment

AFAIK the Paint plugin developer has moved on to other things, but he has released the code as OpenSource for other who would like to develop the project.

For me, IrfanView has always been an image viewer, not an image editor. The limited tool set in IrfanPaint is more than enough for my needs, just to touch up a photo, rotate a scan, or add some text.
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Using the beta IrfanPaint, 0.4.13.72 dated 28-Feb-2015 with beta Irfanview 4.38 dated 6-Mar-2015 on Win 7 64bit Enterprise edition locks up IV no matter how careful I am. The CCITT 1bit tiffs may be a struggle, but I just tried drawing one line in a 800x1066 24bit jpg and Paint took 30 seconds to close, and then IV was not responding for a minute or two so I had to close it forcefully. I can make it happen repeatedly.

Apparently Irfan has tried to tweak the plugin, but I'm having more trouble with it now than any other time.

Has anyone else tried the beta plugin with the same results? Thought I would ask here before mentioning to Irfan.

Comment

Irfan does not issue Beta versions of Irfanview. The files he sometimes makes available between issues are just test versions and he makes it clear that they are just for testing new features and bug fixes that he has introduced and errors may exist that he has yet to address in other parts of the program. I am surprised to hear that there is to be a new version of the Paint plugin. We have been using 0.4.13.70 for a long time and I understood that there would never be another unless a new author could be found. Are you sure that this is not just an old buggy version that was never issued.

Comment

The version that we have been using is a Beta version.
                    Attached Files

Comment

It is a test version, and you two know that it exists. But hey, I'll play the game and pretend it doesn't. How presumptuous of me...

Comment

Originally posted by jsc37227 View Post
                        It is a test version, and you two know that it exists. But hey, I'll play the game and pretend it doesn't. How presumptuous of me...
                        We do not know that it exists. I have a test version of IrfanView 4.39, but not a later beta of the IrfanPaint plugin.

Comment

If you are testing 4.39, then you would/should probably see this:
                          Attached Files

Comment

If you think that Irfan is trying to tweak the Paint plugin to make it more compatible with 64-bit systems then you should email him to tell him your findings. I expect we would all like to know what his reply is.
                            Personally I have a laptop running 64-bit Win 8.1. Come Win10 I might want to run Irfanview on it but, for now, I get so frustrated by 8.1 that I am sticking with 32-bit Win7 on the desktop for all I do, and Beta 0.4.13.70 of the Paint plugin works reliably enough for that.

Comment

Is there a Paint version that I can use with iview64? When I press F12 now I get,
                              "Can't load PlugIn: "PAINT.DLL" !
                              Please install or update PlugIns from IrfanView homepage!"
                              I've used Irfanview for many years. Thank you to the people who develop it.
                              Geoffrey in Thailand

Comment

Paint still causes my IrfanView 4.5.1 64-bit to crash :-( on W7 64 bit.

I have seen it suggested elsewhere that it could be interaction between IV and the graphics driver. However, I upgraded and added a new NVidia GeForce graphics card to replace the on-board Intel graphics. It made no difference and Paint regularly and repeatedly causes IV to crash.

It appears to be a Cross thread deadlock.

Event Viewer reports:

General:

The program i_view64.exe version 4.51.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
                                Process ID: 1e54
                                Start Time: 01d42455f186e43d
                                Termination Time: 10
                                Application Path: C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view64.exe
                                Report Id: 4ac39018-9049-11e8-a450-8cae4cfe0194

Details:

System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Hang

- EventID 1002

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 101

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2018-07-25T20:28:34.000000000Z

EventRecordID 394169

Channel Application

Computer LOUNGE-PC

Security

- EventData

i_view64.exe
                                1e54
                                01d42455f186e43d
                                C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view64.exe
                                4ac39018-9049-11e8-a450-8cae4cfe0194
                                430072006F00730073002D0074006800720065006100640000 0044006500610064006C006F0063006B0000000000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Binary data:

In Words

0000: 00720043 0073006F 002D0073 00680074
                                0008: 00650072 00640061 00440000 00610065
                                0010: 006C0064 0063006F 0000006B 0000

In Bytes

0000: 43 00 72 00 6F 00 73 00 C.r.o.s.
                                0008: 73 00 2D 00 74 00 68 00 s.-.t.h.
                                0010: 72 00 65 00 61 00 64 00 r.e.a.d.
                                0018: 00 00 44 00 65 00 61 00 ..D.e.a.
                                0020: 64 00 6C 00 6F 00 63 00 d.l.o.c.
                                0028: 6B 00 00 00 00 00 k.....