No announcement yet.

Making blog-header help.!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now i have another problem with making header with IrfanView.
    I am preparing a new blog for my friend,but the header should be bigger then before..The dimension of new header are: 900*160 pixels.
    First I was made an empty image 900*160 pixels with red color:

It is no problem,I made new header like below:

but as you can see...after I edited header title, the background red color is not clean around the letters.Can I improve background red color to be clean with Irfan or I should use other program?

When I was making banners with Irfan with smaller dimensions,I did nor have problem wirh background colors after editing banners title...
    Last edited by dzonson; 13.07.2008, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Making blog-header

Dear dzonson,
      It looks like you compressed the image to strongly. Check the opion ‘Show options dialog’ in the Save Picture As... dialog. When I save your banner (I took a photo from the screen) at a compression of 83, the (jpg)-image is about 28 kB. Should not be to heavy for your web page. If it does, handle the slider to reduce the data without mutilating the image. The level 83 is the same compression as when saved from Photoshop with level 8 on a scale of 12. Maybe I've taken the wrong conclusion from your example, if so, please let me know. Perhaps we can look for another solution.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Sjef for the answer,I will try according your suggestions and let you know what I did.

Comment

Sjef..

You were right.I put the changes in ‘Show options dialog" as you have shown in atachment.I put the compression level of 83 and the background red color is clean.look this...

I think now it is good,what do you think?
          But the firs part of header with title "Ljubodrag Simonović Duci" I made with Microsoft Panit (image in tif),because the Irfan can not write letter "ć" and I will never understand why the Author of Irfan View, Mr. irfan Skiljan,did not yet implement into the program to be possible, to write letters "č,ć,đ" especially as we know that he was born in Bosnia&Hercegovina and in his origin language the people use that letters...

Thanks Sjef again!

Comment

Understand your opinion about being born in Bosnia versus implementation of [ đ ] and other characters in the text options. But perhaps it's a Windows issue. Maybe you'd need to choose your country in Configurations. Or make your suggestion clear to Irfan himself: irfanview@gmx.net

Comment

I think I will make suggestion to Irfan himself: irfanview@gmx.net because when I use Microsoft "Paint" program to make banners I can implement that characters like "đ" and others because i already have installed in Windows font of letters&characters that we use here,and it works with some programs,but with Irfan not yet...

Comment

Sjef,I am lucky,

Today, the author of IrfanView, Mr.Irfan Skiljan, answered me
                on my email I sent him,and informed me that in next version of IrfanView he will implement some new Unicode plugin that will alow people to write characters:"č","ć","đ"...etc..

He told me also that the next version of IrfanView will come in a few days...

Comment

Working...
                X