Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Printing timestamp?

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and fairly new to IrfanView but from what I've seen, it's a great product. One thing I like to do with my photos is print the timestamp right on it. My current camera can do this (Canon A75) but I am looking to replace it and most cameras can't do this. Can IV? I know this info is stored in the EXIF info, but is there any way to print the DateTime field right on the photo?

Thanks.

File, Batch Operations, Advanced Options, Add overlay text, Settings.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks BP. One problem, the field size seems to only handle small fonts (12 pts or less). If I set it any bigger the larger text just gets truncated both in length and height. I tried increasing the height and width values but it has no effect. Is there a trick to this?

Comment

Did you adjust the default size of the field from 100 x 100 pixels?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yep, tried values for both height and width up to 1000 and no change in field size. The only way I can change the field size is to type more text and then it will all fit . . . but only in the 12-point or smaller font.

Comment

No problem here at all. I set the field size to 700 x 32 pixels and managed to stamp the file with 24 point text, Aligned Left
            Attached Files

Comment

OK, I got it to work. I was still using v3.98 so I downloaded to v4.0 and tried it again - this time no problems adjusting the height and width.

Thanks the help BP.

Comment

Working...
              X