Ability to search on parts of words in IPTC data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Ability to search on parts of words in IPTC data

I like the ability of IrfanView to search for text in the EXIF and IPTC fields.
    That makes it possible to document my pictures in the image file itself, and search for certain words in that documentation, even through a lot of sub directories.

However, IrfanView will only find the words I ask for when they have been entered as exactly that word. When I look for "church" it will not find "churches" or "church,", etc.

I would like an option to specify that also parts of words should be found, and/or an option to ignore punctuation.
    Frank Poppe
    the Hague,
    the Netherlands

I don't seem to have that problem.

If I search for "church", it will produce files with "church" and files with "churches". If I search for "churches", it will show only files with "churches".

Are you asking for IrfanView to exclude words like "churches" when searching for "church"?

Comment

Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
      I don't seem to have that problem.

If I search for "church", it will produce files with "church" and files with "churches". If I search for "churches", it will show only files with "churches".

Are you asking for IrfanView to exclude words like "churches" when searching for "church"?
      1- I'll check the behaviour once again.
      2- No, I'd like IrfanView to find "churches" as well as "church" when I request "church". In other words, I want to search for "*church*", with * as a wildcard meaning anything or nothing. But your answer implies that that already is the case - which I'll doublecheck.
      Frank Poppe
      the Hague,
      the Netherlands

Comment

Working...
      X