Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

image resizing on window resize... major annoyance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

image resizing on window resize... major annoyance.

I have always selected the "resize big images to window" for the convince of sifting threw folders of schematics for the image/schematic of interest.

fore some time now (ver 4.23, 4.20, etc), after finding the schematic of interest, and zooming into the part of the image of interest... any resizing of the window (including maximize/un-maximize) automatically zooms the image back out. I find this a major annoyance.

Is there any way to install an older version of IrfanView that did not have this annoyance, and leave the newest one available to continue batch-resizing images for my website.

I have a rather large collection of versions in my on-site archive, I'm off to find the last ver that did not have this annoyance.

thanks for the prompt reply...

It looks as if ver 3.98 was the last version to not automatically resize/zoom images once you have zoomed in.

This along with windows image viewers lack of letting you know when your at 100% zoom, and lack of multiple window support is why I used IrfanVier for so long.

Comment

You can use the other display options such as Do not fit anything or Fit big images to desktop. Neither will scale when resizing the window, but obviously they do not work the same as the display option you are using. Although, you can change back and forth.

Comment

Working...
      X