Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How to change the background of this photograph?

Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    32-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

My sub-folder Adobe 8BF was created for me in Irfanview's Plugins folder, presumably by the installer program.

If you have not got one, I assume that you can just create a sub-folder called Adobe 8BF in the Plugins folder to put your Adobe compatible 8BFs into.
    I do have other sub-folders called Crw, Ecw, Filter Factory 8BF and Fmod so am unsure if anything residing in any of those might be relevant to Adobe 8BFs. I do recall reading something about the Fmod.dll file that lives in Fmod but cannot remember what that was all about.

Can anyone confirm that?

Default many thanks

hello good evening Mij

many thanks for the great support.

hmm - i will try it now. I try to create it manually - but if i fail - perhaps you can send me the folders in a zip file!? IS this possible!?

Quote Originally Posted by Mij View Post
    My sub-folder Adobe 8BF was created for me in Irfanview's Plugins folder, presumably by the installer program.
    If you have not got one, I assume that you can just create a sub-folder called Adobe 8BF in the Plugins folder to put your Adobe compatible 8BFs into. Can anyone confirm that?
    well i downloaded so far - saw that i have no Adobe-part of Plugin-folder. How to create that one!?

as i do not know how to add the mentioned 8BF filters i did a search and i found some additional infos at http://www.irfanview.com/

Available PlugIns and current versions:

well should i download the stuff at the http://www.irfanview.com/ and install it - and afterwards get the stuff from here and put the 8BF into the Adobe part.

look forward to hear from you

joo

in case of failing: can send me the folders in a zip file!? IS this possible!?

Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    32-bit Win XP Home SP2
    CPU Cores

Quote Originally Posted by Mij View Post

If you have not got one, I assume that you can just create a sub-folder called Adobe 8BF in the Plugins folder to put your Adobe compatible 8BFs into.
    I do have other sub-folders called Crw, Ecw, Filter Factory 8BF and Fmod so am unsure if anything residing in any of those might be relevant to Adobe 8BFs. I do recall reading something about the Fmod.dll file that lives in Fmod but cannot remember what that was all about.

Can anyone confirm that?
    Looks right to me. Everything is right here, including the Adobe 8BF folder.

Fmod.dll is for playing OGG Vorbis audio. IrfanView can't play .OGG files?
    Last edited by Skippybox; 12.06.2009 at 03:52 PM.

Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    32-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

OK joo. Here is your best course of action.
    Go to the official Irfanview site (www.irfanview.com) and download Item 3 , iv_effects.zip
    That has all that you need for the 3 groups of filters that are supported - Adobe 8BF, Filter factory and Filters unlimited. Unzip the folder and copy everything from it (files and folders) into Irfanview Plugins. Some of them may already be there but you will then be sure you have the latest versions and you will have a folder to put your Adobe 8BF files into. There are already a few in there.
    Do not bother about that stuff lower down the Irfanview site about supporting older 8BF filters. That downloads 2 old files Plugin.dll and Msvcrt10.dll. I do not have them installed and have never yet encountered any 8BFs that appear to need them.

Version
    IrfanView 4.27
    OS
    Win XP Home SP1
    CPU Cores

Hmm, first learn how to create a directory on your system, instead of letting it done by the aliens..

The subdirs 'Adobe 8BF' and 'Filter Factory 8BF' are created default by the installations of the plugins packages.
    This doesn't mean that every new Adobe-compatible plugin must reside in the 'Adobe 8BF' subdir.

It could be just any sub of the plugins-dir. Many times there are several plugins in a package,
    so it's better for the survey to have them together in the same folder.
    Aside to dir 'Adobe 8BF', but also as a subdir in it. Ctrl+K gives the opportunity to browse to whatever.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Default stepwise progression

Hi Sam_Zen, goood day Mij

btw - Sam_Zell - your (avatar-user) image is really great. And Mij - yours too... !!

well many thanks for your replys - great to see such a forum with where knowledge-exchange, support and innovation takes place.

well as you can see this thing is a learing-task for me. and i can see some stepwise progression here. Now the gml-Matting-filter is installed - i can activate it. And work with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Zen View Post
    The subdirs 'Adobe 8BF' and 'Filter Factory 8BF' are created default by the installations of the plugins packages. It could be just any sub of the plugins-dir.
    i have up the 8BF up and running - i did not matter the question of opacity... I clicked the option as Mij adviced me and it was starting!

See the outcome in the attached image. It shows the working process on the image. But unfortunatley i have no options to save the work. I only can press reset and cancel

Well there is something missing - i do not know - why i only have two (2) options. Where can i save the image - and then - i presume i have to build in the saved image in a other one, in order to get a new one....

look forward to hear from you. Thanks in advance for any and all help

Joo

BTW - i read the docus. As Mij adviced me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	irfanview_work_in_progress.png 
Views:	277 
Size:	244.1 KB 
ID:	1487  
    Last edited by joo_driven; 14.06.2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: additional infos

Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    32-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Default How to use GML matting 8BF filter

Hi there joo
    Glad to see that you have got the filter opened. I don't think you have quite got the idea of how to use it though, so here is a quick walk through.

1. Open your original. Image> Effects >Adobe 8BF filters.. select GML matting> Start selected filter. Select Composite over selected background color >OK
    2. Select Highlight brush and outline the bit you want to cut out. I have zoomed in a bit (Ctrl+) and selected a 5 pixel brush size. You can press the left mouse button and draw freehand or hold down Shift and click around the cut out to draw in short straight lines. The highlight should be continuous and cover the required edge of the cut out. You can touch up by extending the highlight with the brush or removing it with the eraser.
    3. Select Fill tool and click inside cut out area. Make sure fill has not "leaked out".
    4. Press Matte button. The cut out appears on a plain background (change the color if you wish). This cut out is not that good because of low res image and low contrast in places at edges. Don't worry, you can touch it up.
    5. I have used the Foreground and background brushes to clean it up a bit. Most of my editing was short lines drawn with the background brush (same way as for highlighting). A little bit of freehand with the foreground brush inside the cutout. The jaggy edges are because of the low res image. I could have smoothed the edges a bit with the Blur brush.
    6. Press OK. Select Composite output option > OK. Exit Adobe 8BF filters.
    7. Back in Irfanview I have opened Information and written down the image size (250x169).
    8. I have now opened an image to use as a background. it must be exactly the same size as the foreground image so I am resizing (and/or cropping) to 250x169.
    9. Open GML matting filter again as in 1. The filter asks if you want to apply a previous results channel (or make a composite). Answer Yes.
    10. Nothing you need to do. Just Exit the filter again.
    11. That's it. This time I have put you up a Welsh mountain (instead of on the Californian coast).

Happy matting.
    Mij
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	261 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	1490   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	264 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	1491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.png 
Views:	282 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	1492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.png 
Views:	232 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	1493   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.png 
Views:	276 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	1494  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.png 
Views:	233 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	1495   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.png 
Views:	250 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	1496   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.png 
Views:	256 
Size:	352.3 KB 
ID:	1497   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9.png 
Views:	212 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	1498   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	1499  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.png 
Views:	263 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	1500  
    Last edited by Mij; 14.06.2009 at 08:02 PM.

hello Mij

many thanks for the message and the great walkthrough! This is very detailed and i am happy to see this great HowTo. Now i will try it out to use the tool. Thanks for the great work - and yes. The Welsh mountain looks great! Unbelieveable what we can do with this tool... Thanks to you!!

Update: while i try to apply your HowTo here - i see that i.
    • - cannot see where i can select Composite over selected background color >OK, and that
    • - i cannot Press Matte button, since it is somewhat deactivated...

Well - if you look at the image with the GML-Matting, i have attached then you see that i have those options not....

well i try to investigate - where i have forgotten something...?

regards
    Joo
    Last edited by joo_driven; 14.06.2009 at 09:32 PM.

Version
    IrfanView 4.44
    OS
    64-bit Linux Distribution
    CPU Cores

Joo, in your attached screenshot the outlining has not been completed and the mask is not filled. There are two parts to the process that must be complete before you can take the next step. The buttons become active only when everything is ready. Look at Mij's images in order, 1,2,3,4,5,6 -- every step is necessary.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

hi there many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matera View Post
    Joo, in your attached screenshot the outlining has not been completed and the mask is not filled. There are two parts to the process that must be complete before you can take the next step. The buttons become active only when everything is ready. Look at Mij's images in order, 1,2,3,4,5,6 -- every step is necessary.

try to do so! but it is surprising that i have to fill the image full - that means that the outlining has to bee 100 %

i give it a try

see you later

Thread Information