Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change the background of this photograph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use another program.

PaintStar

GIMP

Avance Paint

You will have to enlarge those gradient pics to use them. GIMP does any kind of gradients.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by joo_driven View Post
      hi there hello Mij

many many thanks for the relpy. Btw - i see that i did not walk through to all the steps ... Can i get into the steps again!? Even if i allready have stepped out and stopped with the work... at the step 6
      BTW - what about adding the image on a cetrain gradient image that i found on the net.... see the attachements. The question is aimed to get some better backgrounds: As you can imagine: Two pictures ghosted or let me better say put on each other. How can i do this on the easieset way. Do i need GML_Matting-Filter!? Look forward to hear from you
      btw: see the attached files... with some gradient backgrounds.. Note; i found the backgrounds here http://www.nem5.com/graphics/grad/6.html or
      http://www.nem5.com/graphics/grad/8.html .... ant the like...
      The question is how to mount the background together with the image. Do i have to run the GML_Matting_filter again or can i solve this task somehow with other ways...!?
      if i should explain it a bit more - then lemme know!!
      Ok Joo. You appear to me getting somewhere now.
      The GML filter saves a copy of the last foreground cut-out image that you made, in a temporary file. You will be able to go back and do steps 7 onwards if you have not used the GML filter for anything else since doing 1-6. You can go back as many times as you wish with different backgrounds.

Remember that the background image must be exactly the same size as the foreground one that was saved. You will need to resize your gradient backgrounds (with Preserve aspect ratio unchecked) or crop to make them exactly the right size and shape.

After that open the background image and select the GML filter again. If the image size matches with what it has saved, then the filter shows a dialog box. The third option there is to make a Composite of the two images. Sadly when you click OK, the Irfanview filter dialog box stays in front, so you cannot easily see the result. Just press Exit though and you can view it in Irfanview.

Mij

Attachment for the record: These are the settings I used in Harry's filter for my gradient fill
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mij; 19.06.2009, 02:18 PM. Reason: Attachment added

Comment

hi there

well if i open the GML-filter then i try to get the point to step in to the process - (into step 7 and the following)
        the question is - How to find the stored image - where is it stored!? What can i do!? I try to find the image and i try to get it done..

well this one is it
        i have to put this image onto your gradient - output that you created with Harrys - see above filter. That is the point

with this one here that is created with harrys filter

Originally posted by Mij View Post
        Ok Joo. You appear to me getting somewhere now.
        The GML filter saves a copy of the last foreground cut-out image that you made, in a temporary file. You will be able to go back and do steps 7 onwards if you have not used the GML filter for anything else since doing 1-6. You can go back as many times as you wish with different backgrounds.

Remember that the background image must be exactly the same size as the foreground one that was saved. You will need to resize your gradient backgrounds (with Preserve aspect ratio unchecked) or crop to make them exactly the right size and shape.

After that open the background image and select the GML filter again. If the image size matches with what it has saved, then the filter shows a dialog box. The third option there is to make a Composite of the two images. Sadly when you click OK, the Irfanview filter dialog box stays in front, so you cannot easily see the result. Just press Exit though and you can view it in Irfanview.

Mij

Attachment for the record: These are the settings I used in Harry's filter for my gradient fill

i will report my findings

see you later

greetings
        joo
        Last edited by joo_driven; 19.06.2009, 08:56 PM. Reason: more infos

Comment

hello Mij

many thanks for the reply. i tried and saw that i am not able to open the gml_matting_viewer again and turn into the process-.... see the attached image that shows that many buttons in the GML_Matting_prgramme are not ready for processing...

See here the gml_matting_viewer_after_the_recall :

Attachment of the view: This is the image i see --- no way here - or did i miss something... Look forward to hear from you

cheers Joo
          Attached Files
          Last edited by joo_driven; 19.06.2009, 09:06 PM. Reason: more infos... see here the images...

Comment

It does appear that you have lost your saved results and you will have to redo steps 1-6. It will be much quicker if you use the image that you posted above, the one on a plain background, rather than your original. That one already has a nice clean boundary so you will be able to use a broad brush for the highlighter and will probably not need to do much touching up after making the Matte.
            I have attached revised steps 7-11 showing how to use a background you create yourself with Harry's filters. There is no need to resize the background if you follow these steps. The one you create with Harry's filters will be the right size already.

Step 7a. Save the output of the GMLMatting filter if you want to but do not close Irfanview. Open Harry's filters from your Effects> Adobe8bf with the output image still displayed.
            Step 8a. Select the Gradient or other effect that you want. You can press the Play button to move the sliders around for you and just press Stop when you see something you like. When you are ready press OK.
            Step 9a. Exit the filter and the effect you selected will have been pasted over the image you had. Open GMLMatting again and click Yes in the dialog inviting you to use your previous results.
            Step 10a. Then just Exit the 8bf filters again.
            Step 11a. ... and there is your final result.

The final attachment is what I created from the image you posted above in less than 5 minutes starting right back from step 1 again.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, I see. Now you try it, Martin. Oh, and here's a nifty new image editor for quick jobs with layers and all, very small download, fast and simple: Fotografix

I have an awful collecting habit
              Its: Belongs to "It"
              It's: Shortened form of "It is"
              ---------------------
              Lose: Fail to keep
              Loose: Not tight

---------------------
              Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Hi Mij and hello Matera

you are really great guys n gals - unbelieveable. Really.

many many thanks for the great support.

Originally posted by matera View Post
                Hmm, I see. Now you try it, Martin. Oh, and here's a nifty new image editor for quick jobs with layers and all, very small download, fast and simple: Fotografix I have an awful collecting habit
                many thanks for your endless help and the great and supportive action here.

love this place - and you both who make it so magic!

many thanks
                best regards
                martin

Comment

I get an error when trying to use GML Matting with irfanview...

---------------------------
                  Error
                  Source layer must have opacity channel (make sure your background is promoted to a layer).
                  OK

Unlike in the post where this issue was previously discussed, when I use it there is no checkbox on the above dialog box error that allows me to use "alternative output"

After I get this error, the plugin just stops and puts me back in the IrFanView window...

IrFanView 4.25 and GML version .3

Thanks
                  Last edited by raygun; 17.02.2010, 01:56 AM. Reason: clarify that I had read a preious post on this issue that was not the same as what I encountered

Comment

Hello raygun,
                    I am afraid that you fell at the first hurdle. I recommend that you download the Help file that comes with the GML matting filter and read the section Interface >Alternative Output.
                    You get that checkbox in the dialog when you first run the 8bf. If you click the box it should create an ini file ( GMLMatting.ini ) in the same folder as GMLMatting.8bf containing the following lines

[HostApp]
                    AltOutputEnabled=1
                    AltOutputByDefault=1
                    [DontShowMessages]
                    LargeObject=0

There are two possibilities. Either you failed to check the box the first time it was displayed or the program was unable to create an ini file because the 8bf is in a folder that cannot be written to by the program ("Program Files" perhaps). Two solutions possible too. Remove GMLMatting.8bf and start again, or create/modify the ini file yourself using Notepad.

Comment

I went to the site of GML but couldn't find any helpfile.
                      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
                        I went to the site of GML but couldn't find any helpfile.
                        You are right. It does seem to have disappeared.

Comment

Well, with the help of a friend I found it again..
                          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

How to cut out dark on dark images

I have done this successfully, and this is the best method.

First, up the brightness of your monitor or screen till the image is no longer dark. Do not change the brightness of the image, just your computer monitor. Then, you can see more easily the edge. I then prefer to cut out using paint shop pro with a 1 or 2 feathered edge and the point-to-point selector tool. Then cut the image and paste as a new image and save as a psp file. Then you can paste it onto other backgrounds, and even add a shadow using effects. Remember to turn your brightness back to normal after!

To up your monitor brightness either use the controls on the unit or right click the desktop and select properties. If your monitor is at maximum brightness already, you can up the brightness of the actual image and then reduce it again when finished, but you will lose some quality. To minimise this loss, expand the picture as much as you can first, to, say, 400% of its original size (or whatever your computer can cope with - make sure it's a double 200, 400, 800 etc), then reduce it back when done, or leave it at 400% if you want, until you have your finished item. Expanding the image will prevent the JPEG converter from creating as many artefacts. If you don't understand this, just trust me and do it anyway!

Comment

Working...
                            X