adding text, changing text box size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adding text, changing text box size

How do you adjust the size of the text box once you've typed something in? I seem to be able to do it sometimes and not others.

Is it possible to move the text box? I can't find a way to do that, either.

It also seems that you can't change the text once you've added it and clicked OK.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Are you referring to the "Insert text into selection" or the IrfanPaint text feature? The text box (what you type into) can't be resized in any case. If you have more text than will fit the width, it is easier to type it into a text editor (Notepad) first, and then copy and paste it into the text box.

If you want to move the area on the image that contains the text, that can't be done. Undo will give you a second chance to position it correctly. Pain in buns, but anything takes practice. Just don't save it until it's where you want it.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

hi matera,

i frequently use the "insert text" in all of my pics...

is there a way where you can insert certain txt on all selected pictures at once...

like you will put "alvindlicker" in bottom left corner of all pics.

i hope u understand my english because im not that good in english.

thanks in advance.

Comment

You sure can add overlay text on many pics at once. Try File>Batch Conversion/Rename and choose the Advanced button where you'll find the option. You can select the images in Thumbnails (hotkey T) first and press hotkey B (File>Start batch dialog with selected files) to start the Batch dialog automatically with your selection.

Comment

Working...
        X