Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rework an image - changin background of portait [a expert-one]

good evening

want to rework an image - changin background of portait This question is [a expert-one]

how to do the change of a backround in an image!? i will add this image

look forward to hear from you

greetings matz

btw - i can send you a second image - there you can see a background which is "wanted..."
    Attached Files

hi there

just wanted to have this background here

Originally posted by joo_driven View Post
    good evening

want to rework an image - changin background of portait This question is [a expert-one]

how to do the change of a backround in an image!? i will add this image

greetings matz

btw - i can send you a second image - there you can see a background which is "wanted..."
    i attach an image - this color-sheme is wanted... is this possible
    Last edited by joo_driven; 11.06.2009, 02:37 PM.

Comment

hi there
      again me

sooory - again just wanted to have this background here

i attach an image with the correct color sheme: Well this it:
      this color-sheme is wanted... is this possible

look forward
      Last edited by joo_driven; 11.06.2009, 02:37 PM.

Comment

IrfanView is not the right tool for this job.

You can make the background a uniform colour on some images with good contrast with the IrfanPaint plugin (shortcut F12) by using the floodfill tool on the background, but you really need proper photo-editing software for this task.

The gradient fill is not possible with IrfanPaint.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

good day dear Mate

thx for the posting.

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          IrfanView is not the right tool for this job.

You can make the background a uniform colour on some images with good contrast with the IrfanPaint plugin (shortcut F12) by using the floodfill tool on the background, but you really need proper photo-editing software for this task.
          The gradient fill is not possible with IrfanPaint.

what can i do now? How can i solve the task. I need to rework the foto - in order to get some solutions that look like the image below...

is it doable with some other tools. BUT believe me. I am a photoshop-noob besides this. i do not have photoshop at all....

hmm what do you suggest. How to get a propper solution: Can ´i cut the body of the first and paste it in the second image...;-)

joo

Comment

I'm no expert on Photo-editing.

The attachment was a ten minute job in PagePlus using its cut-out studio, but the result is rough, mainly because the source image is of low resolution, but the lack of contrast between the background and the foreground makes it hard in any program. It makes a lot more work as one has to use a lower colour tolerance for the cut-out brush, and it removes smaller areas at a time.

With the right picture, it takes just a few clicks to get a better result than you see here.
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 11.06.2009, 05:16 PM.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

hello - great to see this results

hello dear Bhikku Pesala,

many many thanks - great rresults. Well i provided a bad image - since it had low resolution... But i got the idea..

by the way: well now we do not need the girl image as a demo. Can you do a favour. Can you erase the attachement. Well i do not know if i run into some publication issues here. Ive found the image in a offline document for application... But i still want to avoid any issues - i am a bit frightened if i think about this .... So can you help me and erase the "girl"-
              I t hink that we do not need it any more..

Your ideas are great!! Many many thanks in advance...

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
              I'm no expert on Photo-editing.

The attachment was a ten minute job in PagePlus using its cut-out studio, but the result is rough, mainly because the source image is of low resolution, but the lack of contrast between the background and the foreground makes it hard in any program. It makes a lot more work as one has to use a lower colour tolerance for the cut-out brush, and it removes smaller areas at a time.

With the right picture, it takes just a few clicks to get a better result than you see here.
              i have a better picture - can you show me what is the best outcome ...

a. in color or with the
              b. black and white ... (see above)

What is distrubing -and bad in the original picture is the background! i want to get rid of this annouing background. The goal is to get a better background - with or without color..

Note this image has got 29 kb.. it is a bit better than the previous ones...

Well i will try to get the blugins loaded and will try to play. with them

best regards

joo
              Attached Files
              Last edited by joo_driven; 11.06.2009, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I don't have time to do your work for you. To get the best outcome in any program with that image will take time and care. The "best outcome" is subjective anyway.

Comment

If you want to do this sort of thing in IrfanView use the GML Matting 8BF filter. I think it's brilliant (and its free). Download from here and put the 8BF into the Adobe part of your Plugins folder. Make sure you read the Alternative Output section in the Help file that downloads with it to find out how to work with IrfanView.

The attached took just a few minutes to do.
                  Attached Files

Comment

hi there hello Mij

many thanks - great job. I love the results. They show what is possible with the tool.

downloaded so far - saw that i have no Adobe-part of Plugin-folder. How to create that one!?

QUOTE=Mij;22026]If you want to do this sort of thing in IrfanView use the GML Matting 8BF filter. I think it's brilliant (and its free). Download from here and put the 8BF into the Adobe part of your Plugins folder. Make sure you read the Alternative Output section in the Help file that downloads with it to find out how to work with IrfanView.

The attached took just a few minutes to do.[/QUOTE]

thx - now i am going to read the help-files and try to do my own rework.
                    BTW: can u explain to built in the adobe-part of plugins (folder) and finally the GML Matting 8 BFfilter?

thx in advance
                    joo

update: as i do not know how to add the mentioned 8BF filters i did a search and i found some additional infos at http://www.irfanview.com/

Available PlugIns and current versions:

* 8BF_Filters - (version 3.97): allows IrfanView to load Adobe Photoshop 8BF filters
                    Note: some older/special 8BFs may require additional system DLLs:
                    Msvcrt10.dll
                    Plugin.dll
                    You can download these DLLs here:

(check "Readme.txt" for instructions and install!)
                    well should i download the stuff at the http://www.irfanview.com/ and install it - and afterwards get the stuff from here and put the 8BF into the Adobe part.

joo
                    Last edited by joo_driven; 11.06.2009, 11:29 PM. Reason: more infos found in the net

Comment

Originally posted by joo_driven View Post
                      hi there hello Mij

downloaded so far - saw that i have no Adobe-part of Plugin-folder. How to create that one!?

BTW: can u explain to built in the adobe-part of plugins (folder) and finally the GML Matting 8 BFfilter?

update: as i do not know how to add the mentioned 8BF filters i did a search and i found some additional infos at http://www.irfanview.com/

Available PlugIns and current versions:

well should i download the stuff at the http://www.irfanview.com/ and install it - and afterwards get the stuff from here and put the 8BF into the Adobe part.

joo
                      Hi joo

You will need the IrfanView Adobe 8BF plugin 8BF_Filters.dll in your IrfanView Plugins folder. If you used the IrfanView plugin installation program it should have also created there a sub-folder called Adobe where you put any 8BF filters that you download. The one you want is called GMLMatting.8bf and you just copy it into that sub-folder. It does not need any installation. If you do not have that sub-folder, I imagine you could just create it and put the file in it.

To use the filter just open your image then press Image>Effects>Adobe 8BF filters. In the dialog that opens click Add 8BF filters and GML Matting should appear in the LH box. Select it and click Start selected filter. First time you use it you will see that Error box where you have to check Host application doesn't support opacity and OK it, as it tells you under Alternative Output in the Interface section of the Help file.

If you have problems following the instructions in the help file perhaps you should post again to ask in the PlugIns section of the forum where this discussion really belongs.
                      Mij

Comment

hi there mij

thx for the infos.

Originally posted by Mij View Post
                        Hi joo

You will need the IrfanView Adobe 8BF plugin 8BF_Filters.dll in your IrfanView Plugins folder. If you used the IrfanView plugin installation program it should have also created there a sub-folder called Adobe where you put any 8BF filters that you download. The one you want is called GMLMatting.8bf and you just copy it into that sub-folder. It does not need any installation. If you do not have that sub-folder, I imagine you could just create it and put the file in it.

To use the filter just open your image then press Image>Effects>Adobe 8BF filters. In the dialog that opens click Add 8BF filters and GML Matting should appear in the LH box. Mij

installed all - but no GML - MATTING appears in the box. Only two filters appear in the box.

but if i want to activate the GML Matting-Filter i get no restults. i open an image - then i choose effects in the image-menu. i take the ADOBE 8bf filters: but the only options i have are the following filters

1. PopArt
                        2. Harrys Filter 3.0

what should i do now - i have no glue.. !?

many thanks in advance

joo

BTW; the only thing i want is to have the image (that you worked on - ) with
                        a better background. A background that is suitable for the use of the photo in
                        a CV - (for application)

Well - you see - i cannot use the photo with the lovely coast and the seaside-background. it looks very very nice. But i need some other background - can you help me here. Meanwhile i try to get the Matting-thing acticvated... . i will try and try ....

best regards

Comment

Working...
                        X