Ghostscript plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Similar AFPL Problem

I downloaded Irfanview 4.1.0 today and immediately downloaded the plug ins. My postcript.dll version is 3.9.8.0.

I cannot open an EPS file - I get a message saying that Ghostcript AFPL is required. Ghostscript IS installed.

Does the dll file need to be anywhere other than in the plug in directory? Does the Ghostscript need to be in the same directory? Do I need to restart the system so everything registers?

Thankful for help.

Comment

Problem clarified

OK - The error message said "invalid EPS file" as well as "Try Ghostscript Plug In". I guess the problem is with the file I was viewing, not with Irfanview or the plug-in. I found some other EPS files that actually display properly - so I am going to ask for a new version of the faulty one.

Comment

Small EPS pic´s

Hi,

I am no expert computer user, one of the reasons that I very much like Irfanview as it´s easy to use. I now discovered how to open EPS images using Irfanview 4.1 and Ghostscript 8.54 32bit version, and it seems to work... Sort of. The EPS Images I got are from a media site. Upon opening, the images can be opened but are very, very small. I am sure I saw the images on other sites in big format (2400x2000 or so), but those are even downsizes and I look for the best (original) quality possible. I can download a small CMYK at the site (that´s how it´s called there, but the filetype is EPS), that turns out to be 600x450 pixels or so, or I can download a large CMYK, that turns out to be only 800x600 pixels when opened in Irfanview. Images are also that size when opened in GS viewer, and I do not know how to extract them there (I am no code wizard). The images can also be downloaded as JPEG, but are only 1500x1200 or so. Resizing the EPS pic´s is terrible as the quality becomes very bad then. BTW : I know I got the examples of dimensions wrong above, but it is just to give an impression. Is this just me or does it got to that I run an ancient Windows ME PC? Anything else that could help? I can hardly believe I am getting the pic´s in their original format.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
        EJan

Comment

Try Options, Properties/Settings, Plugins, Postscript, DPI. Change it to something bigger than 96.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Can't view PDF file

I am using irfan view 32 4.10 to view my files on my winxp sp2 pc!

Trying to open an PDF file i get the following error:
            ...filename.pdf: ¡Error de decodificacion!
            Can't load GhostScript (AFPL version) or GhostScript error.

After that the irfan view window remains black.

What i need to successfully open a PDF file?

Thanks in advance!
            Sorry for my english!

PD: I install AFPL ghostscript 8.54 but the problem didn't get solved!
            I think it is a bug! Can somebody mark this as a bug to be fixed??
            Last edited by marcogv; 07.05.2008, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Please somebody help me!!!!
              I will appreciate a short effective answer that gets the PDF files to show properly!

Is it a bug??????????

Who is the man that irons bugs??????????
              Last edited by marcogv; 07.05.2008, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Hi marcogv,

You got an error about Ghostscript. A I have so much written about this on the forum, so I invite you to use the search tool (see § 3 here). Thank you for your comprehension.

Laurent
                Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Hi marcogv,

please see here: problem reading pdf files?, pdf-plugin, PDF- Dateien

regards

Frank
                  Last edited by Frank; 26.02.2009, 12:18 AM. Reason: Correction of an internet link!

Comment

Originally posted by marcogv View Post
                    I am using irfan view 32 4.10 to view my files on my winxp sp2 pc!

Trying to open an PDF file i get the following error:
                    Can't load GhostScript (AFPL version) or GhostScript error.

After that the irfan view window remains black.

What i need to successfully open a PDF file?

Thanks in advance!
                    Sorry for my english!
                    Thanks for the answers guys but it didn't help me any way!
                    Irfan view is supposed to open and save pdf files.
                    I instal AFPL ghostsscript 8.54 in my system.
                    What more i need to get it working properly?????
                    I will appreciate a simple answer!

Comment

Irfanview32 4.10 fails to show PDF files!

Irfan view can't open PDF files on win xp sp2!

All i get is an error message:
                      Can't load Ghostscript (AFPL version) o Ghostscript error.

Comment

Originally posted by marcogv View Post
                        I will appreciate a short effective answer that gets the PDF files to show properly!
                        Use a PDF viewer, it is a lot less trouble, and a lot more useful. See my sig.
                        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Possible reasons it doesn't work, --do you have the right version plugins? --you need the right version of Ghostscript too, AFPL 8.54
                          Its: Belongs to "It"
                          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                          ---------------------
                          Lose: Fail to keep
                          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Your previous thread was merged with this one. You can find all of your own previous posts in your profile.

Next time, please follow the advice given, and do a search. Responders gave several links to previous threads on problems with ghostscript, but you chose to ignore them.

The simple answer is that there is no simple answer. Read the threads if you really want to get the ghostscript plugin working for you. Otherwise, use a PDF reader — it is much better suited for the task.

Comment

I second that..
                              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Can't open EPS, PDF or PS files.

I have read through this entire thread and followed all advise. I have IrfanView 4.1, AFPL Ghostscript v8.54 and postscript.dll v3.98 installed. I have verified I can read them using Ghostscript. I am using XP SP2.

Irfanview gives the following errors:

C:\Program Files\gs\gs8.54\bin\test.eps : Decode error !
                                Invalid EPS file (no EPS preview image available, try AFPL Ghostscript PlugIn)

C:\Program Files\gs\gs8.54\bin\test.pdf : Decode error !
                                Can't load Ghostscript (AFPL version) or Ghostscript error.

C:\Program Files\gs\gs8.54\bin\test.ps : Decode error !
                                Can't load Ghostscript (AFPL version) or Ghostscript error.

Please help.

Comment

Working...
                                X