X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEF Pictures not browsable?

Hi

just switched over to a DSLR from Nikon

I was wondering, that NEF is not assocciated with Irfan, also I cant choose NEW Format in File Dialog (423 installed incl PlugIns)

I found out, that I can drop a NEW Picture into Irfan and I can view it, but if there are many NEW in a Folder, I only can see this one, there wont be shown [1/111] like in a jpg folder
    So I cant quick switch between pictures, I always have to open each picture seperated
    As Plugins states to support NEW, and I can view it, I expect there is a bug somewhere

So why is NEF not in extension dialog, and why cant I browse in a folder via space key?

Thanks
    Joe

Edit: I also have installed the Nikon Driver for NEF, I saw an option for Canon, maybe it can be added for NEF if there is a problem within the plugin?

Try adding it to the Custom extensions in the dialogue.

JPG|JPEG|JPE|GIF|BMP|DIB|TIF|TIFF|PNG|PCX|TGA|PCD| SUN|RAS|ICO|AVI|IFF|PPM|PGM|PBM|LBM|WMF|EMF|WAV|PS D|MPG|MPE|MPEG|MID|RMI|MOV|CUR|ANI|DCX|EPS|CLP|LWF |LDF|CAM|G3|AIF|AU|SND|PSP|PSPIMAGE|ICL|SFW|KDC|RA |MP3|DCM|ACR|FPX|XBM|XPM|DJVU|SWF|FLV|IMG|IW44|WBM P|SGI|RGB|RLE|MED|RLE|SFF|NLM|NOL|NGG|GSM|JP2|JPC| J2K|JPF|FSH|CRW|B3D|WMA|WMV|TTF|SID|MNG|JNG|RAW|EC W|ASF|TXT|WAD|ICS|IDS|CDR|CMX|NEF|ERF|ORF|RAF|MRW| DCR|X3F|SRF|ARW|PEF|OGG|DWG|DXF|DDS|JPM|PLT|CR2|DN G|PS|PDF|CGM|SVG|HDR|FITS|HDP|WDP|EXR|NEF|
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks a lot

It was that easy...and it works

But still I cant understand, why it is not in table as option, cause it is supported, like canon...and cr2 is choosable
      maybe a change for 4.24

Comment

Not everyone installs the plugins.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

But the extension which need a plugin are marked with an asterix..

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosEnergy View Post
            I was wondering, that NEF is not assocciated with Irfan, also I cant choose NEW Format in File Dialog (423 installed incl PlugIns)

So why is NEF not in extension dialog, and why cant I browse in a folder via space key?
            You can add any association you want by enabling "Other" and typing NEF in its box in the Extensions dialog. Or you can always do it in Folder Options in Windows. NEF is available in the Open dialog. It is simply grouped with all the RAW formats. Look for the listing "DCR/DNF/EFF/MRW/NEF/ORF/PEF/RAF/SRF/X3F - Digital Camera RAW Format". You can also just type in the File name box *.nef if you like.

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
            Try adding it to the Custom extensions in the dialogue.

JPG|JPEG|JPE|GIF|BMP|DIB|TIF|TIFF|PNG|PCX|TGA|PCD| SUN|RAS|ICO|AVI|IFF|PPM|PGM|PBM|LBM|WMF|EMF|WAV|PS D|MPG|MPE|MPEG|MID|RMI|MOV|CUR|ANI|DCX|EPS|CLP|LWF |LDF|CAM|G3|AIF|AU|SND|PSP|PSPIMAGE|ICL|SFW|KDC|RA |MP3|DCM|ACR|FPX|XBM|XPM|DJVU|SWF|FLV|IMG|IW44|WBM P|SGI|RGB|RLE|MED|RLE|SFF|NLM|NOL|NGG|GSM|JP2|JPC| J2K|JPF|FSH|CRW|B3D|WMA|WMV|TTF|SID|MNG|JNG|RAW|EC W|ASF|TXT|WAD|ICS|IDS|CDR|CMX|NEF|ERF|ORF|RAF|MRW|DCR|X3F|SRF|ARW|PEF|OGG|DWG|DXF|DD S|JPM|PLT|CR2|DNG|PS|PDF|CGM|SVG|HDR|FITS|HDP|WDP| EXR|NEF|
            Don't have to, it is already there. See bold above. Not sure why you can't browse them when it is already there, unless you changed the list somehow.

Originally posted by ChaosEnergy View Post
            But still I cant understand, why it is not in table as option, cause it is supported, like canon...and cr2 is choosable
            maybe a change for 4.24
            If you are referring to the custom extensions, it is already there as I pointed out above. If you mean the associations table, well maybe Irfan just prefers Canons!

Comment

Working...
            X