This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed V4.25: SVG problems

Just updated to 4.25 from 4.23 (and updated plugins) because SVG files were showing as low-rez and pixelated.

Now, with 4.25, IrfanView is unable to open SVG files (eg: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Renal_corpuscle.svg), failing with "Decode error. Out of system resources"

Given that this is a newish quad-proc Intel based system with 4 GB RAM which can, and usually does, simultaneously run PS4, DW4, PP4, Nikon Scan, iTunes, Chrome, FF, Copernicus, Avast, ZoneAlarm and several other programs AND that it was able to use IrfanView to open SVG files BEFORE UPDATING to 4.25 I cannot help but think there MIGHT be a problem with the update.

Yes have tried it without any of the Adobe memory hogs running, and it still fails with the same err msg.

I don't think I have ever seen a new release with so many bugs. I hope they get sorted soon. Many may be related. DWG files also don't open any longer. A similar problem with PDF has already been fixed.

I suggest rolling back to 4.23 and waiting for the next release, or install it in a separate folder.

What I've done is rename the IrfanView folder to IrfanView 4.25 and reinstalled version 4.23.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 21.06.2009, 06:56 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

CAD Image Plugin (version 7.0.0.4) available!

I've got a message from Irfan Skiljan!

Now there is an update of the CAD Image Plugin available, which fix the open problem!
      To find on the Plugin site (Updates after 4.25)!

But until now it's not possible to view the svg format in a normal quality with IrfanView!
      To view svg files in a better quality, you can use Adobe® SVG Viewer (plugin for internet explorer) or another svg plugin!
      Last edited by Frank; 10.07.2009, 12:19 PM.

Comment

In my case this does not help, but, to start with, I got a different error message:"
        Decode Erro !
        Access violation at address 5015AF73 in module 'CADIMAGE.DLL'. Write of address 00000038.

Did anyone encounter such an issue?
        Could it be related to the fact that I downloaded the SVG file to my computer? (protection or so?); I see the file O.K. in IE, but the full resolution file is NOT seen well, so I saved it to my PC hoping to be able and open it.

Comment

Did you read the installation notes that came with the CAD Image plugin?
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            ... until now it's not possible to view the svg format in a normal quality with IrfanView!
            See:
            - "v4.25: Fehler beim Öffnen von SVG-Dateien"
            - "v4.25-... : Miserable Darstellungsqualität beim SVG-Format!"

Before I forget it:

In an email of 09.07.2009 (which I had read only yesterday) Irfan Skiljan wrote:
            The authors of the CADImage Plugin announced that it will give approx. in one month an plugin update, and that this SVG problem will be repaired.

If it is there, I will set the Plugins homepage…
            I think, that is a reasonable answer!

Comment

See also: "V4.25: Problems with the dwg and dxf format!"
              It seems there exist some similar problems with the dwg and dxf format!

Comment

Working...
              X