Disappearing: File>>Recent directories>>Drop-down Selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappearing: File>>Recent directories>>Drop-down Selections

I couldn't find this bug listed so hope it isn't redundant, but...

WinXP Pro SP3 (selective)

Version:
    Since at least version 4.23 of irfanview, I have been unable to use the "Recent Directories" menu option with reliability. I'm now using 4.25

I have found a kind of work-around, but it is VERY difficult to do.

When I select "File">>"Recent Directories", there are times when the displayed drop-down directory choices only stay visible for about 1 second...then the choices disappear completely.

If I try to move the mouse left, back to the "Recent Directories" and then right, over to see if any "drop-down" this time, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. If they do show-up, they again disappear in about 1 secoind.

However, if I then do an File "Open" (but cancel and don't actually open anything), then when I return the mouse to "Recent directories" the previous directiories show up again...everytime...but again only for about one second.

This happens about 90% of the time I try to change to a different "Recent directory".

It doesn't matter whether I have one irfan instance or 10 instances going.

My Workaround:
    If I can get the Recent Directories to display/drop-down, if I'm fast enough and move the mouse immediately to a directory I want to select, and click on it fast enough (all within about 1 second, remember) the program will take me to that recent directory without problem.

This is quite frustrating.

It is important to note that NONE of the other File menu options that have a drop-down arrow ">" have this problem. For example, "Open with external editor", "Open As" have NEVER exhibited this problem.

Similarly, the drop-down capable menu items under "Image" or "View" have NEVER exhibited this problem.

This disappearing act happens ONLY with the "Recent directories" drop-down list.
Working...
X