Scans saved as PDF are locked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scans saved as PDF are locked

If I scan an item and save it as a PDF with the intention of importing it into an existing PDF file, the scanned file created by Irfanview is locked and I cna't import it. The security settings indicate a password is needed to unlock the file but I can't find out what that is.

Can the settings in Irfanview be changed to not save the file locked or is there a password that can be shared to allow unlocking the files?

Change the security settings when you save the PDF from the IrfanView plugin.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

More information

That's so obvious now. The problem and why I didn't see that is I was saving directly from scanning and the optiions box doesn't show up as the file is saved and there is no reason to save it again after scanning. Now that I've saved a file as PDF with no security the setting has stuck. So saving defaults to security if you have never saved before.

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Does anyone know of any way to remove this password-enable security setting from a .pdf that IrfanView has already saved to disk?

Comment

Originally posted by valuequest View Post
          Does anyone know of any way to remove this password-enable security setting from a .pdf that IrfanView has already saved to disk?
          As long as the copy protection bit is not set in the pdf you can always copy/paste the images and create a new pdf w/o security settings.

Comment

Working...
          X