Creating Multipage Tiff Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Multipage Tiff Files

I need to scan multiple receipts into one TIFF (MTIFF). Is this possible? I'm desperate for any help someone could provide. Thank you!

The option is in File, Acquire Batch Scanning. Choose the TIF format and Save as multpage tif (if Tif format used).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 14.07.2009, 07:48 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply!

When I choose this option, I can scan one document into Irfanview. There are no prompts to add an additional document.

This is what happens:

- I configure Irfanview as mentioned
      - I click the 'SCAN' button within the software
      - My document is scanned and returns me to the software
      - The end result is that I have one scanned document in the software with no way to add more pages.

Comment

Did you select single image mode or multipage image mode?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks again. I think I got it, because of your help! I do, however, have one additional question.

Is it possible to merge multiple TIF's into one TIF with your application?

Comment

Open the first TIFF and press CTRL-Q (hotkey for View > Multipage Images > Edit multipage TIFF), then add the second TIFF. Save it under a different file, just in case. All pages should be merged.

Comment

Thanks guys! Appreciate the help.

Comment

Now reached via different path...

Note that as of (at least) version 4.44, creating a new multipage TIF seems to be done most naturally via:

Options > Multipage Images > Create Multipage TIF...

where you can build the result file from 'single image' files (JPG, GIF etc) as well as multipage TIF/PDF/??? files. This operation is completely independent of whatever image you currently have open - it accepts a list of files (which you can reorder) and generates an output TIF file without disturbing the currently open image.

There is still an 'edit multipage TIF' option (still reached via CTRL-Q) which allows you to delete, add, and reorder pages in a currently open multipage TIF file:

Options > Multipage Images > Edit Multipage TIF...

You can, as well, append the current image (including the current page of a multipage TIF or PDF file) to an existing TIF file (or create a new single page TIF file) via:

Options > Multipage Images > Append current image to TIF...

Comment

Working...
                X