Images stretching to screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Images stretching to screen

In older versions of Irfanview I could display a image by default at 100%. Although on newer (4.25) I couldn't find anywhere how to choose this, it always stretch to screen.

This may be a stupid question, as I couldn't find a option, but I couldn't. =P

Thanks.

From Menu: View >Display Options...
    Select either Fit Image to Window 1:1 (100% zoom then fits window around image if smaller than screen) or Do not fit Anything (100% zoom within existing window).

Comment

I think the option you want is View -> Display Options -> Do not fit anything. As I recall, this option used to be called something else.

There might be a minor bug related to this view option. Other view options show the keyboard shortcut on the menu. And when you use that shortcut, the menu will show a tick next to the option. For example, if you use the Shift+W shortcut to change to "Fit images to window", the view menu will show a tick next to that option.

CTRL+H displays "Original size (no zoom)" which looks (to me) to be the same as the "Do not fit anything". However, this keyboard shortcut is not on the menu display and does not move the tick mark. Or is the display different for CTRL+H and "Do not fit anything" in some situations?

Comment

No, not a bug Cwb3016, just the way it works.

Ctrl+H goes to 100% zoom without changing the display option but for the current image only. The next one you select will go back again to whatever the display option sets.

There is no hotkey that selects the Do not fit anything option.
        I requested in 4.23 that Shift+W toggle between Fit image to window and Do not fit anything. That was when it toggled between Fit image to window and Fit window to image 1:1 .
        We got halfway in 4.25. It now does not toggle into Fit window to image 1:1. For the current image you can at least now toggle backwards and forwards between 100% and Fit to window using Ctrl+H and Shift+W. You inevitably get the odd Slideshow or Histogram but it is usable with care.

One day perhaps....

Comment

Crtl+H is good to know. Indeed, what I want is to automatically Crtl+H when I open an image. It is easier to explain as this.

Now it is working, thanks. I was expecting that View - Display Option to be on the Properties/Settings, no idea it would be there.

Solved.

Comment

Working...
          X