Tab View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Tab View

As you know lot of application have tabs like Firefox, Excel, xplorer2, Fox-It or other PDF readers. How about having tabs in Irfanview, it will help to move to another picture quickly.

Would it be possible to open IV with few fixed tabs.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by colarado99; 22.07.2009, 05:53 AM.

Originally posted by colarado99 View Post
    As you know lot of application have tabs like Firefox, Excel, xplorer2, Fox-It or other PDF readers. How about having tabs in Irfanview, it will help to move to another picture quickly.

Would it be possible to open IV with few fixed tabs.
    You know, I think that's a wonderful suggestion! I sometimes have 5 or 6 IrfanView windows open and navigate them by using good old 'Alt+Tab'. But this is definitely not the easiest way to work with multiple images, for frequently, one opens the wrong window...! If these were in the same IrfanView window as 5 or 6 tabs, it would be so much easier and, no opening the wrong image too!

Heavier Image Editors, (including the heaviest ones - PhotoShop, GIMP, etc.) have the Tab View of course...
    Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
    IrfanView Website - Here
    Sam_Zen's Website - Here
    Author's Website - Here

Comment

But only as an optional, not as a permanent feature.
      »Und so, in eurer Verzweiflung, kommt ihr zu mir.«

Texteditor EmEditor:
      Deutsche Sprachdatei (v7.01) für EmEditor Pro 7.02 (englisch)
      EmEditor Pro 8.06 (deutsch) | Deutsche Sprachdatei (v8) für EmEditor Pro 8.06 (englisch)
      Deutsche Sprachdatei (v9.16) für EmEditor Pro 9.17 (englisch)

Comment

Originally posted by WellOiledPC View Post
        You know, I think that's a wonderful suggestion! I sometimes have 5 or 6 IrfanView windows open and navigate them by using good old 'Alt+Tab'. But this is definitely not the easiest way to work with multiple images, for frequently, one opens the wrong window...! If these were in the same IrfanView window as 5 or 6 tabs, it would be so much easier and, no opening the wrong image too!
        Why don't you use the buttons on the Windows taskbar to switch between the different IrfanView copies? If you have unchecked Show full file path in title bar in Properties> Viewing then you can read the file name on the button to help you choose. I do not know what there is in Windows 7 but in Vista I have that useful pop-up thumbnail too when I move the cursor above a button.

I doubt that you would get all that from the Tabs you are requesting.
        Attached Files

Comment

If you have XP, then there is an ALT+Tab Replacement PowerToy that shows a preview of your windows.

You can also get an enhanced version of what Mij describes in Vista and XP:

Comment

Group similar taskbar buttons

If you edit your windows taskbar properties to group similar taskbar buttons, then you get a drop list on the taskbar, showing the filename open in each instance of IrfanView.
            Attached Files
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
              Why don't you use the buttons on the Windows taskbar to switch between the different IrfanView copies? If you have unchecked Show full file path in title bar in Properties> Viewing then you can read the file name on the button to help you choose. I do not know what there is in Windows 7 but in Vista I have that useful pop-up thumbnail too when I move the cursor above a button.

I doubt that you would get all that from the Tabs you are requesting.
              I don't know about Vista - never used it, but Windows 7 is actually quite good with multitasking! With Windows 7, you get to see a thumbnail of all open files (documents, pictures, spreadsheets, whatever - see first attachment, with thumbnails of 4 images currently open in IrfanView).

Besides, Right-clicking on a program in the Quick Start displays a list of files previously opened by the program - see attachment, which lists previous images opened with IrfanView.

None of this, or the PowerToy add-on, can beat the ease of multiple tabs though, in my opinion!
              Attached Files
              Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
              IrfanView Website - Here
              Sam_Zen's Website - Here
              Author's Website - Here

Comment

Working...
              X