KADMOS OCR plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    Irfan has a link on the plugins page of his website (Available PlugIns and current versions) OCR_KADMOS http://www.irfanview.info/plugins/kadmos/ - Al

Comment

Hi starfarmer,

Al reminded us of the link to use in his post just above.
      For the language files, see my post (#14).

Laurent
      Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Danke sehr!

Al & Laurent,

Thanks for the pointer! It seems to be working.

Maybe we can get Irfan to change the link in his History of Changes section about Version 4.25 so others can avoid this confusion?

starfarmer

Comment

help with KADMOS config settings?

Am doing genealogy research. Have numerous old newspaper clippings, articles in old county histories, usw that i am trying to convert to .txt format. Have downloaded the English US, English UK & German classifiers. By trial & error, have found that i get better character recognition using the English UK & German classifiers. Could someone please explain the parm settings in the config panel, or point me to a help-file or text? This is my first attempt at using OCR, so am not familiar with all the terms & conventions. Would really appreciate any assistance!

Kenneth Thompson
          Moline Acres (north StLouis County) MO USA
          near the confluence of the Illinois, Missouri & Mississippi rivers
          Ken Thompson
          (not the Unix author)

Comment

re: help w/ KADMOS

Please ignore my previous post re: KADMOS. I read further in the threads, found the discussion of FreeOCR vs. KADMOS. Have downloaded FreeOCR; difference in results is enormous! Most of my sources are fairly 'dirty', so i expect to do some corrections. But, FreeOCR was much better at conversion.

Thanks to all who posted!
            Ken Thompson
            (not the Unix author)

Comment

Its OK, your posts will be helpful for other users searching on information on OCR solutions/ OCR plug-in for IrfanView!
              Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
              IrfanView Website - Here
              Sam_Zen's Website - Here
              Author's Website - Here

Comment

I checked 'FreeOCR', but I would need this M$ construction of '.NET' to install it.
                I don't like that, so I will not use it, even with a better performance.
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
                X