No announcement yet.

Problem opening .mov file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing the 2 system modules I mentioned in my post #11 should enable playback in Media Player, if that's what you absolutely need. Ffdshow can decode maaany formats. Select only the ones you need, including SVQ3.

A problem might arise because of the leftovers of any QuickTime/Alternative/Nero stuff you might have on your system already.

Comment

Originally posted by j7n View Post
      Installing the 2 system modules I mentioned in my post #11 should enable playback in Media Player, if that's what you absolutely need. Ffdshow can decode maaany formats. Select only the ones you need, including SVQ3.

A problem might arise because of the leftovers of any QuickTime/Alternative/Nero stuff you might have on your system already.
      Ok, thnx, I'll give it a try.

Comment

Easy fix for mov files

If your having trouble with mov files, this is the fix to get it to play in Irfanview with the Quicktime plug in. In properties in Irfanview, Properties/Settings, tick Use Direct Show and Use Quicktime plug in. Then in Quicktime Player, Preferences, Quicktime preferences, Advanced tab, tick Safe Mode (GDI only). This mode will allow the Irfanview plug in to work properly for mov file type. Hope this helps everyone.

Comment

Working...
        X