slideshow in html?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slideshow in html?

Hello all, newbie poster here, and new to Irfanview as well. But I love the compact power of the software, so I'm already a big fan.

My question is: can a generated slideshow be output in html so that I can drop it into a webpage? I see the .exe output, but I don't think this would work for
    me. Any ideas?

thanks!
    nicoannie

http://en.irfanview-forum.de/vb/showthread.php?t=4964

Comment

Thanks for the link Mij

I'm afraid I committed the sin of not digging deep enough quickly enough. Sorry.

I found the template, and can tweak a good bit of it. And creating the html code out of the thumbs page is not something I was familiar with.

But is it possible to link the two (thumbs html output with Slideshow dialogue)...that is, I would like to modify the "play in window" resizing available under the Slideshow dialogue. This is apparently no accessible from the thumbs box.

thanks!

Comment

The Slideshow dialog can't actually communicate any settings to the HTML dialog; they are not related.

You can just batch resize your images (File>Batch Conversion/Rename or File>Start batch dialog with selected files) to the size you need. Either start with the resized images or resize the ones copied to your html images folder. I don't believe you need to change the html code for such a change for a html slideshow. On the other hand, for html browsing, you would need to change the code if you decide to resize afterwards.

You can also do the same with thumbnails (if you chose that option), and tweak the html code to reflect the new size. Alternatively, the size of the thumbs copied can be changed beforehand in Options>Set thumbnail options, which changes the thumbnail size for the Thumb Window.

Comment

The link above is dead. I need to create a HTML show. Anyone knows how to recover this information/link?

Comment

You may be able to resurrect the page using the wayback machine/internet archive. Unfortunately it's offline right now (first time I've seen that!)... just copy the irfanview link from above, go to the wayback machine, and paste it into the box for url there. That will show you all the times that page has been copied (sometimes there are none, but often you'll find it's been archived). Select an older date, and see if the page is there... if it's still the error page, try going back further in time, etc. With a forum page, ideally you find a version that was archived after everyone had finished posting comments... so you'll have to play with it a little to be sure you're seeing the full content rather than an earlier incomplete version. Just hope they've got the page archived and you can find something that way. Anyhow, the wayback machine is at: http://web.archive.org/

Regardless, if you find a good site for how to do this, I'd be interested in a link.

You also might want to try searching on something like "free online (html OR css) slideshow (generator OR creator)" Of course, search without the quotes. I know quite some time ago I'd found some really good sites that would generate the code for you - and give you quite a few options for what controls you wanted displayed with the slideshow, fitting all images into the same size frame automatically, how the slideshow transitions from one slide to the next, and so on. If you find a good site that way, I'd be interested in a link to that also - might save me some searching. I keep meaning to try to do a slideshow in a webpage header that way myself.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X