RAF files and Fuji s5pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAF files and Fuji s5pro

Hello, I was surprised that Irfanview opened the raw files from my Fuji S5 pro camera!

I just wanted to know if irfanview takes advantage of all the info in the RAF file. ie the High Dynamic Range info that is in the RAF files.

Thanks

This HDR feature is a very nice option on your camera, but only programs like i.e. Photohop and problebly the software that came with your S5 recognizes this data and will use it when editing. IrfanView just handles the EXIF data of your photo's (to be shown with i followed by e). IrfanView gives you some standard editing options, but it's a viewer/converter in the first place (a very nice one too). So the raw data of your Raf files (if needed previous edited) are to be viewed by IV the right wysiwyg-way. Much fun with your beautiful S5 pro!

Comment

Hello thanks for the reply..

It looks like irfan view only sees a stored image from within the RAF ie the image is only 1.38 Mpixels instead of 12 or 6 Mp. oh well .. So it doesnt really convert the RAF . just views the stored jpg...:-(

Comment

Originally posted by tzeweng View Post
        Hello thanks for the reply..

It looks like irfan view only sees a stored image from within the RAF ie the image is only 1.38 Mpixels instead of 12 or 6 Mp. oh well .. So it doesnt really convert the RAF . just views the stored jpg...:-(
        Having searched before posting a query, I think this explains my two queries, which were;
        1) Why does IV think my Fuji S6500fd RAWs (.RAF) are 1600 x 1200 when they are somewhat bigger?
        2) Why doesn't IV display the EXIF in these files?

Both might be explained if it is only 'seeing' the embedded jpg in the RAW file, shame.

Any plans to have a plug in to understand Fuji RAW?

Thanks, Dave

Comment

A RAF-plugin would be nice indeed, but maybe we have to wait for one format to be used by all camera manufacturers, like for instance DNG. With Adobe Bridge CS3 comes a DNG convertor. Maybe you could try to batch convert your RAF files with this utility.

Comment

Working...
          X