Zoom Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Zoom Control

I have one comment. It would be nice to have numerical entry of the zoom factor, rather than just buttons for incremental increase and decrease of zoom. Both a drop-down list of common factors: 400%, 200%, 100%, 75%, 50% 25% and the ability to type in any arbitrary percentage. Most other view / paint / photo programs have this kind of zoom control.

If it's there, I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks for your good works.

Fred Holmes

I believe Irfan is planning on offering a toolbar box field for setting zoom. He also may offer a user-defined range of zoom values for use with the zoom tools that can be INI edited. No guarantees, but he'll try.

Comment

IV needs a button for 1:1 zoom

Hey all,

I've seen more than one people request a dedicated button for Original Size, 1:1. I recently started using IrfanView as my default program for viewing my photos. Before I was using Vista's own preview, which was othervise great but it lacked the possibility to check EXIF data with one click.

IrfanView seems to work quite nicely for going through many photos at a fast pace. However, I desperately need a GUI button for setting original size and back to "fit to screen". Yes, I know there is a keyboard button for that, but imagine yourself going through, let's say 250 images, and from each of those 10Mpx photos you have to check focus and noise. Only way to do that is by looking at the photo in its native resolution. And when you do that for every single image, you will start begging for a button that can be used with a mouse! Or at least I beg.. I've seen complaints that using mouse for everything is impractical. Yes, I think so too, but in this case doing as much as possible with a mouse just is the only way.

So could you please add a possibility to set such a button to toolbar? Thanks!

Comment

Why not switch to full screen (double-click) to see 1:1? Then you can middle-click or upper corner click to go back to window mode. That seems like an easy way with the mouse.

You can also reverse the roles of each mode if that is better.

Comment

Thanks Skippy! With a little bit of fiddling with settings I managed to set the full screen mode to original size. Maybe in the future we could have a dedicated button in the toolbar with an arbitrary zoom scale? That would make IrfanView perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Random5 View Post
            Hey all,

I've seen more than one people request a dedicated button for Original Size, 1:1. I recently started using IrfanView as my default program for viewing my photos. Before I was using Vista's own preview, which was othervise great but it lacked the possibility to check EXIF data with one click.

IrfanView seems to work quite nicely for going through many photos at a fast pace. However, I desperately need a GUI button for setting original size and back to "fit to screen". Yes, I know there is a keyboard button for that, but imagine yourself going through, let's say 250 images, and from each of those 10Mpx photos you have to check focus and noise. Only way to do that is by looking at the photo in its native resolution. And when you do that for every single image, you will start begging for a button that can be used with a mouse! Or at least I beg.. I've seen complaints that using mouse for everything is impractical. Yes, I think so too, but in this case doing as much as possible with a mouse just is the only way.

So could you please add a possibility to set such a button to toolbar? Thanks!
            Hi Random5! Yes indeed, IrfanView is light, fast and rock-stable, as you have discovered!

I do not work with as many images at a time as you do... but I am more than happy to use the Control+H Button to go back to 1:1!
            Last edited by WellOiledPC; 15.08.2009, 08:22 AM.
            Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
            IrfanView Website - Here
            Sam_Zen's Website - Here
            Author's Website - Here

Comment

See also: Direkte Eingabe des Zoomfaktors
              »Und so, in eurer Verzweiflung, kommt ihr zu mir.«

Texteditor EmEditor:
              Deutsche Sprachdatei (v7.01) für EmEditor Pro 7.02 (englisch)
              EmEditor Pro 8.06 (deutsch) | Deutsche Sprachdatei (v8) für EmEditor Pro 8.06 (englisch)
              Deutsche Sprachdatei (v9.16) für EmEditor Pro 9.17 (englisch)

Comment

Working...
              X