This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable PDF viewing

I want IrfanView to open only image file extensions, not pdf or txt files. Which setting do I need to change? Thanks.

Originally posted by Knocks View Post
    I want IrfanView to open only image file extensions, not pdf or txt files. Which setting do I need to change? Thanks.
    In the "Extensions" preferences, there's an option called "Load only associated types while moving through directory". Pick that option, and in the list of file extensions immediately above it, make sure that PDF, TXT, etc. are not associated with Irfanview.

Comment

Or you can leave the Load custom file types option selected, and simply edit the box below it with the extensions you want browsable. In this way, your associations can differ from what is browsable. For instance, you could associate PSD with Photoshop, but still browse PSDs in IrfanView.

Comment

Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
        Or you can leave the Load custom file types option selected, and simply edit the box below it with the extensions you want browsable. In this way, your associations can differ from what is browsable. For instance, you could associate PSD with Photoshop, but still browse PSDs in IrfanView.
        Thanks exactly what I needed, thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X