Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long should you have, to edit your own post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long should you have, to edit your own post?

Most Forums give you a finite amount of time to edit your own posts. The shortest period I have encountered is 15 minutes.

However, the IrfanView Forum lets you edit your posts even after days and weeks! I feel there should be a window - 15 minutes may be too less - during which one is allowed to edit one's own posts!
    Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
    IrfanView Website - Here
    Sam_Zen's Website - Here
    Author's Website - Here

No limit is needed here. The edit time is shown in the post.

It often happens that a link changes weeks, months, or years after it was posted. Since the forum is a source of useful information, if any advice given later turns out to be incorrect, it is better that the author can correct it, rather than leaving the error, or making another post to correct the error.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Ah well, a second posting can also be made under the same thread. Anyways, this was just a suggestion, not a show stopper!
      Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
      IrfanView Website - Here
      Sam_Zen's Website - Here
      Author's Website - Here

Comment

Originally posted by WellOiledPC View Post
        Ah well, a second posting can also be made under the same thread.
        So, then the old post on page 1 of the thread would have the error or broken link, and the most recent post on page 7 of the thread would have the correct information or the updated link. That would just add to the confusion.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Post editing madness.

It seems it would work better if the edit function simply added the new post to the end of the post being edited. That way the old information is still there, but the new information is also there... and quite handily so. Auto-quote the old post(s) and concatenate the new post, etc. etc.
          I would tell you everything about me, but you wouldn't believe me anyways... so I'll just settle your curiosity by saying that I'm an 11 thousand foot tall dragon, named Darby, with lavender purple scales, and a tiny, pink elephant, for a best friend, named Samson.

Comment

Working...
          X