Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V4.25:Error when making Screenshots/Captures of maximized Application under Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported V4.25:Error when making Screenshots/Captures of maximized Application under Windows 7

Hi folks,

I sent a few days ago a friend a screenshot and wondered why IrfanView 4.25 did not show the picture on my screen in 'original size'. After doing some testing I realized, that IrfanViews screenshot/capture feature under Windows 7 (non beta or RC, it's the MSDN RTM Version) does not work properly. Especially not when the window you want to capture is maximized. There is some extra 'content' (black border(desktop background?) and part of the task bar) around the captured window.

My Screenshots don't have their 'natural' width of 1440px. Instead it is 1456px. Also there is partially shown the task bar.

Picture appended, please approve. Thank you.

Greetings!
    DaJunkie

P.S.: I don't know how IrfanView normally handles the round corners, because i switched from XP in 'Classic Windows Style' to Windows 7. Maybe there are more errors, because also in normal screenshot are parts of the Window border missing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DaJunkie; 10.09.2009, 01:56 PM.

Originally posted by DaJunkie View Post
    Hi folks,

I sent a few days ago a friend a screenshot and wondered why IrfanView 4.25 did not show the picture on my screen in 'original size'. After doing some testing I realized, that IrfanViews screenshot/capture feature under Windows 7 (non beta or RC, it's the MSDN RTM Version) does not work properly. Especially not when the window you want to capture is maximized. There is some extra 'content' (black border(desktop background?) and part of the task bar) around the captured window.

My Screenshots don't have their 'natural' width of 1440px. Instead it is 1456px. Also there is partially shown the task bar.

Picture appended, please approve. Thank you.

Greetings!
    DaJunkie

P.S.: I don't know how IrfanView normally handles the round corners, because i switched from XP in 'Classic Windows Style' to Windows 7. Maybe there are more errors, because also in normal screenshot are parts of the Window border missing.
    Welcome, DaJunkie. I am on Windows 7 32-bit RC, not the RTM Version. My Monitor Resolution is 1400 x 1050 too. However, I do NOT seem to have the problem you have... Here is a similar attachment, reduced a bit so as to conform to the Forum Norms. You can see that the image is correctly sized at 1440 x 1050, from the IrfanView Information Screen...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by WellOiledPC; 13.09.2009, 09:58 AM.
    Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
    IrfanView Website - Here
    Sam_Zen's Website - Here
    Author's Website - Here

Comment

Originally posted by WellOiledPC View Post
      You can see that the image is correctly sized at 1440 x 1050, from the IrfanView Information Screen...
      You said your Resolution is 1440x1050. Are you sure? The screenshot says that it is 1400(!).

Btw: My Resolution is 1440x900, but i doubled the height of my taskbar. Maybe i should mention this too

And I'd love to 'conform to the forum norms' , and after reading the help I know also how to do so
      Last edited by DaJunkie; 10.09.2009, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaJunkie View Post
        You said your Resolution is 1440x1050. Are you sure? The screenshot says that it is 1400(!).

Btw: My Resolution is 1440x900, but i doubled the height of my taskbar. Maybe i should mention this too

And I'd love to 'conform to the forum norms' , and after reading the help I know also how to do so
        Whoops - my apologies! My Graphics resolution is 1400 x 1050, do put down the error to some clumsy typing, induced by the smell of something nice cooking in the kitchen! Attaching the screenshot of my Monitor Resolution, as displayed by Intel Graphics Media Accelerator, to sort the issue out once and for all!

Best of Luck, hope you've figured out what is wrong!

P.S.: I'd also posted, "However, I do seem to have the problem...", which I have corrected to read, "However, I do NOT seem to have the problem...", apart from correcting my Resolution as well. That was what I wanted to say, in the first place!

Luckily, this Forum lets you edit your own posts even after years, I guess...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by WellOiledPC; 13.09.2009, 10:02 AM.
        Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
        IrfanView Website - Here
        Sam_Zen's Website - Here
        Author's Website - Here

Comment

Originally posted by WellOiledPC View Post
          Best of Luck, hope you've figured out what is wrong!

P.S.: I'd also posted, "However, I do seem to have the problem...", which I have corrected to read, "However, I do NOT seem to have the problem...", apart from correcting my Resolution as well. That was what I wanted to say, in the first place!
          LOL, okay. Now your posting makes much more sense to me
          But to be more excactly: Your Screenshoot is unfortunately not 'correct'. Yoer need to make a screenshot of a fully maximized window(!). You made a screenshot of your complete desktop, whats not the same. So could you please make a screenshot of your active maximized window, and tell me then if everything is still fine?

Comment

Hi,
            I have the same problem. Running IV 4.27 on Windows 7 (64bit) and none of the capture options work - it only captures the entire desktop (both screens) no matter the option I choose in the dialog window. I've only had Win7 for a month or so and this is the first time I try.
            Is there a fix for this?
            thanks, cheers Karen

Comment

Hi,

I can reproduce this situation, for capturing I have selected the "Foreground Window" option. I think this has something to do with the Aero effect, it is not really a bug of Irfan View. However, if I switch to the classic theme of Win 7 x64 (XP style) and capture a maximized window, I get additional 8 pixel in width and 4 in height.

I'll ask Irfan about this problem.

Regards, Nils.

Comment

Hi,

the problem should be fixed in the next version.

Regards, Nils.

Comment

Working...
                X