No announcement yet.

V4.25: creating "Multipage PDF" from single pdf files hangs the program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forwarded V4.25: creating "Multipage PDF" from single pdf files hangs the program

When I try to create a multipage PDF my program hangs.
    I have all the plug-ins. Reading past threads, there was a problem 2 years ago with IrfanView versions which must surely be fixed. I downloaded my version of IrfanView in July. The two PDFs I am combining were both created recently using IrfanView.

With which version(s) does this error occur?
    Which version of IrfanView and which OS you are using?

Comment

I had no idea one could combine two PDF files with IrfanView. How are you doing this?
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        I had no idea one could combine two PDF files with IrfanView. How are you doing this?
        See program menu of IrfanView: \View\Multipage images\Create Multipage PDF...\!

But it seems that this bug is already fixed!
        You need:
        Originally posted by jsc37227 View Post
        Fix from Irfan. Compression button also works.

http://www.irfanview.info/test/iview425_fix.zip

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          See program menu of IrfanView: \View\Multipage images\Create Multipage PDF...\!
          But that is for creating a single PDF from multiple image files, not from two PDF files.
          Originally posted by steppenwolf View Post
          The two PDFs I am combining were both created recently using IrfanView.
          Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 20.09.2009, 11:54 AM.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
            But that is for creating a single PDF from multiple image files, not from two PDF files.
            Please try it!
            You have the possibilty to add two (ore more) pdf files to create a multipage pdf file!
            (The PDF format is not disabled in selection there!)

But then I also must correct myself! → Maybe the bug was not fixed correctly!

If you (or another user) try to join two pdf files with IrfanView, then IrfanView V4.25 really hangs up itself!

Also with the Fix from Irfan! IrfanView create (after a very long time and my interruption with Ctrl+Alt+Del) a corrupt pdf file!

But normally it's always better to use other programs (like FreePDF, ...) to join pdf files!

Comment

Creating Multipage PDF

My version is 4.25. My platform is Windows Vista Home Premium. The action which hangs is:
              View>Multipage Images>Create Multipage PDF>Add Images [add images]>Create PDF Image
              It should make no difference that the images are already PDFs, the program surely has less work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by steppenwolf View Post
                It should make no difference that the images are already PDFs, the program surely has less work to do.
                It would make a huge difference if the program wasn't actually designed to do that. A PDF file is a different beast to an image file. This is what help says:
                Create Multipage PDF

Check this option to create multipage PDF images from single or multipage images.
                I would take "multipage images" to mean multipage TIF images, not PDF files. We will have to wait and see what Irfan says, but I wouldn't expect to be able to join PDF files in this way. There is an option to append images to an existing multipage TIF.
                Append current image to TIF

Check this option to append the displayed image to TIF file. The actual TIF save option (save dialog) will be used for the new page.

Comment

Working...
                X