4.25 Metadata stripped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported 4.25 Metadata stripped

I just did a batch conversion of TIF to JPG using version 4.25. I made sure that Irfanview was set to retain original IPTC and EXIF data. However, when I looked at the new JPGs, they no longer had the metadata that I had entered for the TIFs in Photoshop.

I'm using Windows XP tablet version with service pack 3 (which wasn't listed on the profile options, incidentally).

Having the same problem with batch conversion CRW -> JPEG. The canon RAW files (*.CR2) do have an EXIF tag (and iview can read and display it), but upon conversion to JPEG the EXIF data is not carried over, even with the "keep original EXIF data" option checked.

The above behaviour was noticed while using 4.25.

Have now upgraded to 4.27, and upgraded Canon RAW plugins to latest available version.

The "keep original EXIF data" option now reads "keep original EXIF data (if JPG to JPG)" :-) and the above behaviour persists, but it is no longer technically a bug.

So I guess I'll turn it into a feature request:

Can we have the option of EXIF carrying over when converting between different formats that support it, please?

Comment

Hi,

Irfan has this feature onhis To do list. Currently the EXIF informations could only be kept if you save the same format as the source image has.

Regards, Nils.

Comment

Working...
      X