Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scanner problem

Hi

I just installed IrfanView 4.25 on a win vista 32bit (swedish) pc.
    After installation IrfanView starts by auto and it works fine. I can use my Canon lide 25 scanner and every thing is ok (nice software).

But when I close IrfanView and open it again my scanner is gone and I can't use it???

Every time when I want to use my scanner with IrfanView I have to reinstall Irfanview to recognize my scanner.

Any suggestions to my problem?

Thanks in advance
    birger
    Last edited by BirgerB; 06.10.2009, 03:31 PM.

I doubt whether you need to reinstall your scanner — just switching off the power and switching it on again should be sufficient.

Check the manufacturer's web site for updated drivers.

If none of that works, then don't close IrfanView — just minimise it to the Windows taskbar.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Sorry.. my bad english.
      I meant that I have to reinstall IrfanView to get it to recognize my scanner NOT the scanner driver.

The scanner works fine with Canons own software all the time.

I have the latest driver from Canon.

/Birger

Comment

Hi Birger,

Originally posted by BirgerB View Post
        But when I close IrfanView and open it again my scanner is gone and I can't use it???
        What makes you say your scanner "is gone"? Do you mean it is no more listed in File | Select TWAIN Source...?

Do you have the same problem with other programs (except Canon software)?

Laurent
        Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

No trouble with v4.25 for me with a Canon Lide60 scanner. AFAIK it uses an almost identical driver to the Lide25. Might even be the same one.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurent View Post
            Hi Birger,

What makes you say your scanner "is gone"? Do you mean it is no more listed in File | Select TWAIN Source...?

Do you have the same problem with other programs (except Canon software)?

Laurent
            Yes. It is no more listed in File | Select TWAIN Source...?
            / Birger

Comment

Only when I install/reinstall IrfanView and IrfanView autostarts as default after installation the scanner is listed among the TWAIN sources.
              When I close IrfanView after the Installation and open IrfanView again and look among the TWAIN sources the scanner nerver shows up again.. unless I reinstall IrfanView.
              / Birger

Comment

Can you see the scanner in Control Panel >Scanners and cameras ?
                Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I can see scanner.
                  It only dissapear in IrfanView when I close IrfanView the first time after installation.
                  Second time I open IrfanView it's gone from the TWAIN sources in IrfanView.
                  Canons own software works flawless all time.

I'll understand now that this isn't a hardware problem.
                  Probably something between my swedish Win Vista and IrfanView or between Canons driver and IrfanView.
                  /Birger

Comment

The only Twain key entry in my registry is C:\Windows\Twain_32\CNQL60\CISDS.DS which presumably IrfanView must locate and use each time it needs it. It does not appear to hold that information in i_view32.ini
                    I would guess that the corresponding entry in your case would be C:\Windows\Twain_32\CNQL25\CISDS.DS

Which prompts me to ask if you are using 64 or 32 bit Vista. I imagine that you probably need to have the 32 bit version of the Canon driver installed for IrfanView to work.

Comment

Originally posted by BirgerB View Post
                      I just installed IrfanView 4.25 on a win vista 32bit (swedish) pc.

Comment

Hi,
                        I'm having exactly the same problem described in the thread usin a Canon MG8150 connected via network interface and using latest Canon drivers.

Have you find out how to address this issue?

Bestr Regards
                        Paolo

Comment

Working...
                        X