Wavey lines on photos after resizing. compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wavey lines on photos after resizing. compression

Hi, i am new to Irfan, i take alot of photo's of clothing which i sell online. Good quality photo's are a must, but for some reason after i have resized the photo's to about 600x500 most of the pictures have wavey lines on the garment's. This makes them look awful, when i look at the original copy they look perfect. i'm using a Fuji finepix f200exr camera i think its 12mp. i am not sure where i am going wrong! and i am desperate to resolve this as the photo's need to be crisp & clear. Can anyone please help me???

many thanks
    Candice
    Last edited by alcanlove; 28.10.2009, 11:34 PM.

You will have to tell us a little more. What size (in pixels, width x height) are the originals, what compression. Are the "wavy lines" more like the edges of square blocks? That would indicate that you are using to much compression, you should set the "quality" slider in the JPG Options dialog to a higher number. The megapixel capability of the camera doesn't actually tell us the size or quality of the originals, because cameras can be set to save images at different sizes. If you upload a particularly bad specimen as an attachment we could see the problem as you do.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by alcanlove View Post
      Hi, i am new to Irfan, i take alot of photo's of clothing which i sell online. Good quality photo's are a must, but for some reason after i have resized the photo's to about 600x500 most of the pictures have wavey lines on the garment's. This makes them look awful, when i look at the original copy they look perfect. i'm using a Fuji finepix f200exr camera i think its 12mp. i am not sure where i am going wrong! and i am desperate to resolve this as the photo's need to be crisp & clear. Can anyone please help me???

many thanks
      Candice
      Welcome to the Forum! It would be helpful if you could zip and attach the images - before and after resizing, so that someone here can help you!
      Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
      IrfanView Website - Here
      Sam_Zen's Website - Here
      Author's Website - Here

Comment

Working...
      X