Creating Screen Saver .scr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Screen Saver .scr

I've used Irfanview's slideshow screensaver creation for using scenery photos that we have taken. However, I now have purchased a new computer with operating system Windows 7. I keep getting an error when I try to create my screen saver. The error is Error copying file!: C:\Windows\System32\My Slide Show.scr
    How do I correct this, or can I?
    Last edited by Orv; 13.11.2009, 04:07 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Create the screensaver file in your own user directory, on the desktop for example. Then close Irfanview and drag and drop the file into the C:\windows\system32 folder. You will need an administrator password and will have to confirm the action.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
      Create the screensaver file in your own user directory, on the desktop for example. Then close Irfanview and drag and drop the file into the C:\windows\system32 folder. You will need an administrator password and will have to confirm the action.
      Thank you for your reply. I did this and was allowed to create the file. However, when I try to preview the screen saver, all I get is a black monitor (black screen, not blank). This same file worked great on my old XP computer, compiled the same way. Could there be something in Windows 7 that's giving me the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Orv View Post
        ... Could there be something in Windows 7 that's giving me the problem?
        Why not ask such question in Windows 7 Forums?

Comment

I do not have Win7. What I described works in Vista. It allows you to put your screensaver into the protected Windows\system32 folder and once there it works normally. Maybe there is yet another security measure in Win7 to prevent a screensaver from working even after you have saved it in the right place.

Frank is right. You are more likely to find the answer on a Win7 forum.

Comment

Working...
          X