Renaming picture files to 'Date Taken'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renaming picture files to 'Date Taken'

Is this possible? Right now when I try to batch rename to $T yy mm dd it gives me the date I put these files on my computer from my camera.

I want the actual 'Date Taken' (date the picture was taken with the camera) to be the file name. Can this be done with irfranview?

try: $E36867 or $E36868

(See program menu of IrfanView: \Help\IrfanView Help\Content\Options Menu\Text/Pattern Options\!)

Comment

didnt work for me

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      try: $E36867 or $E36868

(See program menu of IrfanView: \Help\IrfanView Help\Content\Options Menu\Text/Pattern Options\!)
      Frank, I just tried both options. Neither renamed the file as the date the picture was taken. In fact, the only thing I can get it to do successfully is export the image with no name at all.

Can you test on your own machine and help me? As you can see, this is my first thread ever. The only problem I've ever had with Irfan view is accomplishing this with my jpgs.

Thanks,
      Hubie

Comment

Originally posted by hubie View Post
        Frank, I just tried both options. Neither renamed the file as the date the picture was taken. In fact, the only thing I can get it to do successfully is export the image with no name at all.
        Do your JPGs have Exif data still? Press E to find out in IrfanView.

Comment

Working...
        X