Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noise Reduction?

Hello, this is my first message here..
    I love Irfanview very much, it is my main viewer and also my main tool for simple image processing and batch job, I feel it can replace even more the bigger programs of photo processing if it could do noise reduction without switching to another tool, do we have a plugin that fit IV that does noise reduction?

Welcome.
    Afaik there's no plugin with noise reduction.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Ximagic Denoiser

Comment

There is also the free Topaz DeJPEG filter that removes noise and JPG artifacts.
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Hello Utik!
          I think Imagenomic Noiseware Professional plug in v.4.2 - the Best Noise Reduction Software Plug in
          I like also AKVIS Noise Buster v.7.0
          Sorry my English

Comment

Hello,

Originally posted by matera View Post
            There is also the free Topaz DeJPEG filter that removes noise and JPG artifacts.
            TopazDeJPEG is not free. You can, however, get a free 30-day evaluation key for that product.

Originally posted by Hairasty View Post
            Hello Utik!
            I think Imagenomic Noiseware Professional plug in v.4.2 - the Best Noise Reduction Software Plug in
            I like also AKVIS Noise Buster v.7.0
            I agree - Imagenomic NoiseWare appears to be the best noise reduction software I worked with.
            Unfortunately, the current version 5.x has been completely overhauled and therefore does not work with IrfanView any more.
            Under Windows XP, it throws a "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error - abnormal program termination" and under Windows 7, simply nothing happens when the 8bf plugin is called.

So I guess with Irfanview, we will have to stick with version 4.2 (latest 4.x version known to me).

Kind regards,
            DAC324

Comment

I am looking for a de-noiser/noise reduction for slides. When you convert slides to digital pictures, small dust is converted to big black pieces (or white pieces when scanning photo's). I tried to use de-noisers like topas, but the big white dots seems to be to big to be de-noised. Any ideas?
              Last edited by polleke; 27.04.2014, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by polleke View Post
                I am looking for a de-noiser/noise reduction for slides. When you convert slides to digital pictures, small dust is converted to big black pieces (or white pieces when scanning photo's). I tried to use de-noisers like topas, but the big white dots seems to be to big to be de-noised. Any ideas?
                Just have a look at the previous postings. There are a few recommendations. I personally use Imagenomic Noiseware 4.2 (version 5 does not work with IrfanView).

Kind regards,
                DAC324

Comment

Originally posted by polleke View Post
                  De-noise programs usually only work with small noise specks. Big dust spots and scratches are difficult to differentiate from fine detail of the image. If there are not too many of them it is often best to edit them out manually. Try using the Wireworm Adobe 8bf plugin Effects filter which is now included as part of Irfanview 4.37.
                  Adjust the circle radius to slightly bigger than the spots. Click on a spot with the left mouse button and release. For scratches you can drag out the circle into a lozenge shape to cover it all before releasing the button. Then click down again in the circle/lozenge and drag it to somewhere on the image that matches the pattern and color. You will see the infill over the spot changing as you drag. Release when you see a reasonable match. The plugin blends in the edges for you. If necessary you can do some fine adjustment of the pattern position with the arrow keys in the plugin dialog.
                  With practice you can deal with quite a lot of spots in a short time and it becomes a viable technique.
                  Press Exit when done and wait for the green progress bar to fill completely before closing the filter.

Comment

Thanks Mij, this the wireworm plugin will work for a few pics, but I am talking about 2500 slides, so I prefer to automate this. Your comment about big dus spots and denoising small specks makes sense!
                    Thanks DAC342, I am going to take a look at Noiseware to check if it suits my needs.

Comment

Working...
                    X