Photoshop CS2 Hotkey Now Opens IrfanView

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoshop CS2 Hotkey Now Opens IrfanView

I've looked everywhere using the Search function and tried Googling this but I can't find mention of it.

I just updated Windows XP and after it wouldn't let me run the old IrfanView 3.98 so I deleted it and then installed IrfanView 4.25.

Everything seemed to be fine until I went into Photoshop CS2.

The hotkey Shift + Ctrl + I for the Inverse command in Photoshop when I have something selected, now opens IrfanView. According to the IView hotkey command this isn't even associated with IView.

I can do Inverse in Photoshop with the menu and my mouse, just not with the hotkey Shift + Ctrl + I. I triple checked this to make sure I wasn't hitting the wrong key, but I'm not.

Anybody know what to do? I've been running IrfanView since 1998 with no problem, so I hope I can figure this one out.

Thanks

Go in the properties of the link to IrfanView in the Start menu and remove the hotkey.
    IrfanPaint developer
    The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
    IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
      Go in the properties of the link to IrfanView in the Start menu and remove the hotkey.
      It already says "None" - there is no hotkey to remove, but thanks for trying.

Comment

Have you checked the properties of other links to IrfanView, e.g. the one in the Quick start bar?
        IrfanPaint developer
        The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
        IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
          Have you checked the properties of other links to IrfanView, e.g. the one in the Quick start bar?
          I don't have IrfanView in the Quickstart bar. The only link I have is a desktop shortcut (because I use the program so often.)

Ah, that's it, that shortcut seems to have set itself up differently than the shortcut in the Start menu. Yes, I have now changed the shortcut key in that link to "None" same as the other was set up.

Whew, proof that you really have to watch the different instances of shortcuts. I wasn't aware before that shortcut links would set up differently.

Great stuff, thanks for your help!! Photoshop is happy again.

Comment

Working...
          X