don't support non-English path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forwarded don't support non-English path

Hi there, I'd like to report that Irfanview always doesn't support reading picture files from non-English folder, and so it can never open files directly from such kinds of folders. Other picture reader can't pass the direct path to Irfanview since it doesn't support such folders.

Have you enabled the Unicode plugin?

using V4.23:

see: \Options\Properties/Settings...\Misc. 1\

(Click to view full size!)

using V4.25:

see: \Options\Properties/Settings...\Language\

(Click to view full size!)

Use also the forum search using key words like: "unicode", "ansi2unicode.dll", "character set", "language", ...

see:

- "Incomplete Support of Unicode in Thumbnail Window?"
    - "Unicode support not present or not working on 4.25"
    - "Can't open files in non-English directories"
    - "failed to open image file with chinese character file name"
    - "Viewer skips some jpg's"

regards
    Frank

Comment

Thanks Frank for your reply. But I still don't understand how to solve it. I've almost read thru all the links you specified. I've tried enabled your said "Load unicode plugin" and restart Irfanview, or disabled this plugin and restart it, but the problem is not resolved. This problem does happen to others who'd posted here, but I still have no cue to solve it easily. I'll stop to solve it.

Comment

I will inform the program author Irfan Skiljan again!

(See also: "V4.25 Batch Rename Look in folder does not change when using unicode plugin" and other similar threads!)

Comment

The program author Irfan Skiljan wrote me:
          (my translation)
          ... the user should contact me via email, then we look for more details (no dare/inaccurate information)

Comment

Working...
          X