Open PDF format images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open PDF format images

Whilst it is possible to use tools such as PDFill to convert PDF image documents to graphical image file formats, it would be nice if Irfanview could open PDFs directly so that the image they contain can be manipulated.

IrfanView can open PDFs, though not in a direct editing mode. When I want a PDF converted to an image, I either use IrfanView or "print" it through PDF Creator.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

OK. I didn't see PDF in any of the file types in the Open dialog but I see now that it will allow selection and opening of PDFs from the "All files" option. I can then edit it and save it either as an image file (JPG, BMP, GIF...) or else save it back as a new PDF using PDfill PDF Image Writer. So problem solved (sort of).

Comment

You can save images as pdf from Irfanview if the impdf plugi is installed.

Together with the next experimental version of the impdf.dll for Irfanview we will publish a standalone version of impdf which allows you to open pdfs saved in Irfanview or to import images from other pdf files.

There is a feature request to integrate this feature in Irfanview but in the moment it does not look like that this will happen.

Comment

I wasn't aware of that plugin. I use PDFill Tools for al PDF functions where the app doesn't already have a built-in capability as standard. I don't want to use more software than I need but I'm sure that other users will find impdf meets their needs.

Comment

Working...
          X