Thumbnails view crashes to blue screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumbnails view crashes to blue screen

I have v 4.25 and Windows 7 and it is crashing to the blue screen when I choose to view files as thumbnails. I have 1310 JPEGs totally 80.6 MB, and the thumbnails are 300x300. Does the crash happen because it's large a hit on systems resources, or is there a bug in the program?

Also, can I search from more than one directory at the same time, e.g., pics1, pics2 and pics3 at the same time? If so, how?

-
    Roger
    Last edited by GreenBookRules; 24.01.2010, 09:37 PM. Reason: sp

Hi Roger,

- About the thumbnails size, just try to reduce their size to see if it solves the problem.
    - About displaying thumbnails for images in multiple directories, I believe it is not possible.

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

If the directories are all subdirectories of the same one, you can view images in all at once. Thumb window Options menu, Load thumbs from all subfolders.

About the crashing, does it always happen? Do you wait for all the thumbs to load, or are you trying to scroll down or do something before the process is finished? 80.6 MB isn't very much for 1310 files; are you sure of the size?

One thing you could do is, in the Thumbnail Options dialog, make sure that "Use &Resample instead of Resize for creating thumbnails (slower, but better quality)" is not checked.
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

All, thanks, I took your advice and seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X