MPG video and NO audio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MPG video and NO audio!

I have a lot of video clips off my Sony video camera which are in MPG format. I can watch them using IrfanView with no problems, but I can't hear the sound track.

I've downloaded and installed every plugin I can see on the IrfanView website, but I still don't hear any of the sound tracks. I've tried to do this on two different computers, a desktop and a laptop, running on Windows Vista and Windows 7, and with several different versions of IrfanView without any success at all ...

Is this a simple settings or codec problem? What am I not seeing??

Please HELP!!

(IrfanView is my favourite picture/videoaudio program ... :-) )

Welcome to the Forum, Badjer27. IrfanView is more an image viewer/ editor, rather than a replacement for Windows Media Player - that functionality comes from an IrfanView Plugin...

Yours does appear to be a Codec problem - do your video clips play with sound under Windows Media Player? Your Sony Videocam might have come with drivers as well as software for viewing your movies. Does it work (video as well as audio) with the Sony program?

If you are looking for Audio and Video Codecs, the best is KLite Codec Pack - it has everything you would need!
    Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
    IrfanView Website - Here
    Sam_Zen's Website - Here
    Author's Website - Here

Comment

Thank you so much for your help, and yes, I DO appreciate IrfanView is mostly an image viewer, but for my purposes I like the way it works with video, generally. I've taken your advice and downloaded the Klite Codec Pack - I can see it's an executable, so I assume it automatically installs all the codecs in the pack, whether i want them or not. Is that right?

Comment

Yes, thats right. And hope it solves your problem too!
        IrfanView Website - Here
        Sam_Zen's Website - Here
        Author's Website - Here

Comment

Hi again WellOilledPC,

K-Lite did the job beautifully! I'm really impressed and delighted. I've used IrfanView for many years now for all kinds of graphic editing/enhancing jobs, and find it great as a viewer/player when I'm just categorising or sorting all kinds of media files - quick, easy and efficient. Last year I spent several months in Central Asia (Uzbekistan, Kazahkstan, Kyrgistan) and have nearly 2000 video clips to sort and name before editing and collecting so I can burn to DVDs, and Irfan is perfect for this. And now, with your help, I CAN DO IT!! Thank you.

Comment

Heyy, you're welcome!

Its Irfan and the developer of the Multimedia plugin whom you should thank!

Wish you lots of fun editing your video collection!
            IrfanView Website - Here
            Sam_Zen's Website - Here
            Author's Website - Here

Comment

Working...
            X