Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implemented Redesign batch conversion 'Advanced' menu

Hi.
    I really love IrfanView And I use batch conversion pretty often, so there are some things i don't like in there, especially in 'Advanced' menu.
    First, it looks really like dump of different settings, some clean up would be really in place
    Secon, it's impossible to manage order the conversions are applied in. For example if i want to turn a picture into a grayscale and THEN do auto-adjust colors - I can't: by default they are applied in order 1. auto-adjust colors 2. grayscale.

So I want to suggest the new appearance of 'Advanced' menu. So, you press 'Advanced' in Batch conversion/rename menu:

and get something like this:

so, you are able to manage queue of filters being applied to images AND it all looks not like a mess of settings.

EDIT: also sometimes you may need to use a filter several times (JUST example):
    1. RGB -> BGR
    2. Auto-adjust colors
    3. BGR -> RGB
    4. Contrast
    5. RGB -> BGR

So, after adding filter to the right pane "Selected filters" it should still be available on the left pane "Available filters".

--
    Smth like that
    Last edited by Bazzilic; 01.02.2010, 06:08 AM. Reason: Added new idea

You've gota point there. At the least it should be possible to define the order of modifications.
    I guess this is already possible with the help of a batchfile
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, Bazzilic. What you say makes great sense. Hats off to you for thinking through and working out a possible structure as well! Like Sam, I too would like to be able to define the order of modifications - with the ability to go back one or more steps as well...

However, IrfanView is not likely to support multiple levels of undo, as it is against its basic idea of being lightning-quick to start up, easy on the resources, yet powerful enough to pull off a number of wonderful things! Even so, the ability to define the order of modifications - interactively, rather than through a batch file - is welcome!
      Last edited by WellOiledPC; 31.01.2010, 05:47 AM. Reason: to add another point...
      Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
      IrfanView Website - Here
      Sam_Zen's Website - Here
      Author's Website - Here

Comment

Edited the first post, added new idea.

Comment

Still no pregress here, so - bump

Comment

4 years later... Can we expect this to become a feature?

Comment

If I understand the request it has already been implemented, i.e. you can apply changes on the Advanced Batch dialogue in any order by editing the Custom Processing Order. If it's just a change to the interface that you want, then so far no one has supported that idea.

Read the Sticky Thread about how this forum works.

Please update your profile. If you're still using 4.25 then maybe you haven't seen the improvement yet.
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes, indeed it is partially implemented. The change in the UI was so subtle that I didn't even notice

Unfortunately it is still not possible to add the same conversion rule more than once, however.

Comment

Working...
                X