full screen and original size shortcut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

full screen and original size shortcut

Hi! I'm new to the forum. I've registered specifically to ask this question. I've been using IrfanView for 10 years now I think and for me it is a great, robust and life simplifying tool!

So, Ctrl+H works in non-full screen mode but doesn't in full screen mode. My settings are to fit image to screen (large images only). I can accomplish this only by hitting F 5 times or so. Definitely not an option.

Another thing - panning big image while in original size (regardless of full or not full screen) is cumbersome. IMO it should be done like in Inkscape and GIMP, by pressing and holding mouse wheel. Can IV be set up like this?

Did you look at the help file?
    1 Full screen mode: Show images/movies with the original size (1:1)
    2 Full screen mode: Fit to screen: large images only
    3 Full screen mode: Fit to screen: all images/movies
    4 Full screen mode: Stretch all images/movies to screen
    5 Full screen mode: Fit image width to screen width
    6 Full screen mode: Fit image height to screen height
    Not all users have a mouse wheel or middle button.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

full screen - original size shortcut and panning

Originally posted by Bucic View Post
      So, Ctrl+H works in non-full screen mode but doesn't in full screen mode. My settings are to fit image to screen (large images only). I can accomplish this only by hitting F 5 times or so. Definitely not an option.

Another thing - panning big image while in original size (regardless of full or not full screen) is cumbersome. IMO it should be done like in Inkscape and GIMP, by pressing and holding mouse wheel. Can IV be set up like this?
      Can we have both features added?

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        Did you look at the help file?

Not all users have a mouse wheel or middle button.
        Of course I looked into the help file. I know a lot of IV settings by heart.

If IrfanView has no way of efficient panning of large images then ok but lets don't go into such argumentation...

I've requested both features http://en.irfanview-forum.de/vb/show...8508#post28508

Comment

My settings are to fit image to screen (large images only) I can accomplish this only by hitting F 5 times or so. Definitely not an option.
          You can accomplish this in fullscreen mode by using the shortcut 2.

The right mouse button is an effective way to pan images in Window mode, the cursor keys are effective in fullscreen mode.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
            You can accomplish this in fullscreen mode by using the shortcut 2.

The right mouse button is an effective way to pan images in Window mode, the cursor keys are effective in fullscreen mode.
            Pressing F key 5 times?

OK, the panning is great as it is! Just go to Properties/Settings -> Full screen / Slideshow -> use right mouse button for scrolling

Comment

OK, the panning is great as it is! Just go to Properties/Settings -> Full screen / Slideshow -> use right mouse button for scrolling
              One to go...

Comment

Shortcuts 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 6 work in fullscreen mode. None to go.

Comment

Pressing F key 5 times?
                  No. By pressing the "1" or "2" key once.

Comment

It works! Thank you.

Comment

Thank you! I'm sorry for starting an unneeded thread.

Comment

I'm glad we got there in the end.

There are already several Feature Request threads on a general option to enable customisation of the keyboard. In my opinion that it a much more viable request than dozens (hundreds) of individual requests to modify or add shortcuts for individual functions.

Comment

Me too. I wouldn't want IrfanView to be one of those brilliant programs which lacks one or two obvious and basic functions.

I agree.

Comment

I haven't checked lately, but after the Forum software upgrade, the Search feature had disappeared. A number of questions which have already been answered are getting put up again as a consequence, since members - both old and new - do not know whether their question has already been answered...! We await Steve's post that Search is functional again, with bated breath!
                            Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
                            IrfanView Website - Here
                            Sam_Zen's Website - Here
                            Author's Website - Here

Comment

Working...
                            X